Something Stupid

"Party's turning out great, innit?" Dec excitedly ran up to Ant and handed him a beer.

"Aye, we always throw great parties," Ant wrapped his arm around Dec's shoulders. They began to survey the party they were hosting. They saw many of their drunk friends sloppily dancing to loud music.

"Phillip is so pissed, man," Dec giggled while watching his friend wobble around looking for his phone, which happened to be in his hand.

"You think he's in rough shape?" Ant raised his eyebrows. "Look at Stephen, man." Both men laughed loudly as they saw Stephen sprawled out on one of the sofas cuddling an empty wine bottle.

"He's gonna be feeling that in the morning," Dec mumbled as he and Ant brought their bottles to their lips at the same time. Ant looked over at Dec and smirked.

"Oh, God. What?" Dec asked, slightly worried as he knew his best friend had a devious plan brewing in his mind.

"Wanna draw something on his face? He grinned down at Dec.

"I swear you are a child. That is rude and crude and totally inconsiderate," Dec began, trying to remain serious. "But yes of course I want to draw something on his face." A wide smile spread across his face.

As the two mischievous lads began their hunt for a semi-permanent marker, they were stopped by their friend Holly.

"Hey guys!" She cheerfully greeted them.

"Hello, Holly," they responded in unison, a bit annoyed that their plan had been potentially compromised.

"Dec, I was thinking about starting up karaoke. Wanna join me for a song?" She asked with a hopeful gleam in her eyes.

Dec glanced over at his partner in crime. Ant knew he was asking for permission to join her. He could never refuse a bit of karaoke, after all. Ant, of course, didn't mind as he loved hearing Dec sing.

"Go on," Ant smiled at him. "What's a few minutes gonna do? Stephen'll be out for the rest of the night." He patted his back and motioned for him to join Holly.

Soon enough, Holly and Dec were standing in front of everyone with microphones in hand.

"So what are we singing Holls?" Dec asked her. "Did you have a song in mind?"

"Well, I was thinking something a little older. 'Something Stupid' by Frank Sinatra, maybe?" She suggested. "It is a duet."

"That sounds fantastic," Dec smiled back at her. Dec knew this song inside and out, it was one of his favorites of course. Since he didn't need to look at the words, he could put on a show, which he was very excited about. He was always looking for an excuse to perform. The music started up, giving Dec that slight buzz of adrenaline he always got before performing.

"I know I stand in line until you think you have the time
To spend an evening with me
And if we go someplace to dance, I know that there's a chance
You won't be leaving with me" Holly smiled at Dec, struggling to contain her laughter. Dec had been dancing and acting even more camp than usual. She found it hilarious, as did everyone else in the particularly tipsy crowd.

"And afterwards we drop into a quiet little place and have a drink or two" Dec smirked. "Probably two," he interjected while holding up two fingers. This earned a ripple of giggles throughout the audience.

"And then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like 'I love you,'" Dec began to panic as he realized he had sung this verse while staring directly into his best mate's eyes, who he hoped hadn't noticed. Ant, however, did notice.