Chapter Three

Oka's POV

Ayano-chan has been acting weird lately. It's like she's been snapping to multiple personalities. Sometimes she acts like a normal girl, sometimes she acts over the top, and sometimes she has little to no emotions at all.
It scares me.
Not only that, but when I tell her if so and so are bullying me, the next day they suddenly vanish.
I'm so scared. But at the same time, I don't want to get on her bad side, if she is the cause of these dissapearances.
But she's also really nice to me. Even with her crooked smile and her shallow eyes, she's very kind to me.
Maybe that's the reason I don't want to stop being her friend. Because she's my friend. One of my only friends.
But ever since last week, she's started to act weirder and weirder as the days go by.

My thoughts were cut off as the bell suddenly rang. I snap my head up and let out a long sigh. I stand up and gather my things, walking out of the classroom. I see Ayano waiting by the door.
When she notices me, she gives the slightest hint of a smile. Or was it a smirk? I couldn't even tell.
"Hello, Oka-senpai. How was class?" She asks, toneless. It was a bit scary how she changed like this.
"Ah, it was f-fine. Uh, thanks for asking, but have you been waiting out here?" I ask, looking up at her.
"So what if I was?" She says, her eyebrows furrowed slightly. She crosses her arms and looks to the side.
"Sorry... Anyway, let's go to lunch now, shall we?" She says, giving me another small smile.
"Y-Yes, let's." I say, following her up to the roof.

I get an unnatural feeling whenever I'm around her. Is it fear? Love? I'm not even sure. But I know for a fact she's not acting like herself. I've never confronted her about it, but sometimes I catch her acting weird. Weirder than usual.
It happened just a few days ago.
I caught her in the storage room, laughing to herself, talking to herself, saying my name. It scared me. She was holding herself, as if she was trying to restrain herself from doing something. Her gaze was completely washed over with many different emotions, but at the same time, she still had a dead expression. Her smile was unnaturally widened, and it wasn't a pretty sight.
I'm just glad that she didn't catch me.

But here we are, together on the roof, both of us acting like that never happened. I look over at her, only to see that she was looking at me. She gives me a small smile and looks down.
"You make me really happy, Oka-senpai." She says, resting her hand on mine.
"I know you're scared of me... But, I want to change that."
She goes quiet and stares down, her grip on my hand getting tighter.
Honestly, I was surprised. No one has ever treated me like this before. I smile lightly and squeeze her hand back.
She looks at me, confused. I smile at her and rest my head on her shoulder. She went stiff for a moment, before relaxing up again. She smiles at me. I look up to see her eyes didn't look dead. Instead, she looked happy. Her smile was nice and her face was almost glowing from how happy she was.
I look down and close my eyes, smiling in content.
"I know this goes without saying, but you make me really happy, y'know. I'm just, so glad that I met you. So glad that you're here right now." I say and grip her hand tighter.
"Sorry, the was pretty cheesy." I mumble afterwards and look up at her. She was crying.
"W-Wait! Are you crying?!" I say, worry pouring over me.
She smiles, wiping her tears.
"Ha... Um, I'm not sure... I didn't authorize this... haha..." She says, wiping her eyes more before hugging me tightly.
"Thank you, Oka senpai." She whispers in my ear.

The bell suddenly rings, interrupting us. We stand up and throw away our trash, going back to classes. The day went by much quicker after lunch.
But I don't know why I have been so suspicious of her. She might have a few problems, but it's not like she's a bad person. That's what she proved to me today. That's why I have concluded that she has schizophrenia. Or multiple personality disorder. One of the two.
But she's a nice girl. I don't think she'd hurt anyone. Even if she did have one of those disorders. She's just too nice.

Hey! Sorry for the short chapter, but I wanted to get it out as soon as possible!