Chapter 1 - The party

It's Saturday night, and my best friend, Miranda talked me into going to Sigma Phi's party tonight. We were both in Delta Sigma Theta, and I was pretty much required to go anyways.

It was casual, so I just wore short denim shorts and a white flowy tank top. We arrived around 6, and the sun was still lingering in the sky. Sigma Phi's house sat pretty much on the beach, if you walked out of the fence in their backyard you were on the beach.

As started walking up the steps to the house there were already a ton of people there, some I don't think even go to our school. The only guy I knew in Sigma Phi was Liam, who I have known since high school, and we remained close in college.

When I walked in, Miranda and I made our way to the kitchen, where bottles of every type of alcohol you could imagine was lined up. I didn't see Liam, so Miranda and I did a shot, then grabbed two cups and filled them half with Jack, the other half with coke.

We decided to go to the backyard where there was a pool, to mingle. When we got outside, the air was warm, with a slight breeze. It was the end of August, and it was still pretty warm for California.

"Damn, check out Zayn tonight." Miranda commented, and nudging me in his direction.

Zayn had dark, tanned skin with tattoos trailing up his toned arms, and dark brown hair with a random blonde chunk in the front of it. It was rare to catch him without a cigarette in his mouth. Tonight, he had on dark jeans, a black vneck, and a red "Obey" snapback. He was good looking, but wasn't my type.

"Have you seen Niall yet?" I questioned while looking around.

Niall was popular, and not to mention way out of my league. He was also Zayn's best friend. He had highlighted blonde locks, and almost always had a snapback on. He was gorgeous, nonetheless, and the fact that he was Irish made him even hotter. I heard that he was trouble, and not to get mixed up with him. I heard he hasn't had a actual girlfriend since his freshman year of high school though, which ended badly. Which is probably why he hasn't had many steady relationships. I knew he had been with a lot of girls, all one night stands though. But any girl would die for a chance with Niall, even if she denies it.

As if on cue, "Beat it up," by Chris Brown started to play as he walked out of the backdoor onto the patio beer in hand, and a few people cheered and Zayn walked over to high five and 'bro hug' him. Niall had on a plain white Tshirt, a blue mavericks snap back, and black

ray bans. I was lost in thoughts of Niall, when suddenly a pair of hands covered my eyes.

"Guess who," a familiar voice said, so close to my ear I could feel the heat from their breath on my neck, sending goosebumps all over my body.

I spun around, to see Liam, smiling at me so hard his eyes had crinkled almost shut as he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist.

"Liam!" I shouted, throwing my arms around his neck.

"Please tell me you weren't checking out Niall," He said, looking over to Niall then giving me a look of disapproval.

"Of course not," I said, playfully pushing him, but I could feel my cheeks burning of embarrassment of being caught.

That's the thing about Liam. He can pretty much always read my mind. Liam was tall, way taller than me, and had somewhat shaggy golden brown hair, and tonight he had on jeans, a light gray tshirt that hugged his biceps and chest perfectly, paired with white converses. I wasn't even going to lie to myself, Liam's body was flawless. A lot of girls didn't believe when I said we were only friends, because well, look at him. And Liam sometimes follows me around like a puppy dog.