Chapter Two: Sneakily Chasing Pavements

Here's chapter two of Concrete Secrets.  This story is mad fun to write. Enjoy :)

Copyright 2012

~S.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Two: Sneakily Chasing Pavements

            By the time Ethan and Espiranza arrived at the lot, the rest of the group had split up: Gwen was sharing joints with some of her friends from school, Dakota was making out with her boyfriend, and Gabe was chatting it up with Ellinora.

            Espi ran a hand through her hair. “How do I look?” she asked Ethan.

            “Hot.”

            She smiled. “Thanks. Let’s go.”

            Again, Ethan lagged behind and observed his friends. Espi playfully bumped Gabe aside and hugged Elli. The three of them looked so comfortable despite the fact that both Gabe and Espi were competing for Ellinora’s affections. Ethan didn’t wanna have to break up the two if they got into a fight over it. Elli was seriously beautiful with her hazel-green eyes, dark brown hair and cream-colored skin. She was funny, smart, knew how to have fun, and liked Gabe and Espi as much as they liked her. Knowing their competitive-ness would get old soon, Ethan decided to join Gwen.

            “Hey, E.,” she said. “Hope you didn’t think I ditched you.”

            “I’m not 10 anymore,” he grumbled. “I was just talkin’ to Espiranza, and you were walkin’ too fast, as usual.”

            Gwen laughed. “Want a joint?” she asked, grabbing one out of her boyfriend, Adam’s, mouth.

            “Nah, there’s only room for one weedhead in the group,” Ethan teased. “’Sides, I don’t feel like becoming as messed up as you.”

            “You keep sneaking that beer into Dakota’s house and you’re gonna become more messed up than me.”

            “Shut up. It could’ve passed for anything else,” he defended.

            “How’d Dakota find out it was beer anyway?” Adam asked, grabbing his joint from Gwen’s mouth.

            “He was lagging behind everybody, and he couldn’t walk in a straight line,” Gwen explained. “And he tripped over a flat surface one too many times.”

            “He was trying to be slick, too.” Dakota appeared besides them, her boyfriend Jack at her side. “Ethan hid the beer in a Snapple bottle.”

            “It made some pretty convincing iced tea though.”

            “Yeah, ‘till I had the sense to taste it.”          

            “Best shit on earth, right?” Ethan laughed.

            She rolled her bright eyes. “C’mon, let’s go place bets on Gabe and Espi.”

            Dakota, Ethan, Gwen, Jack and Adam made their way to the extremely flirtatious trio. Espi had Ellinora on her shoulders while they both talked to Gabe, who was having his hat flicked by Elli.

            “What’s up, lovebirds?” Dakota asked. “We’re betting on who gets Elli at the end of the night.” 

            “Bet on me,” Espi said, letting Elli down carefully. “I always get the ladies.”