Chapter Three: Happy New Year! [Lynn/Michael]

[Woo chapter three is up, enjoy!]

[The lobby]
January 1st - 0:00am

Lynn
"Happy New Year!" All of us shout. Big fireworks explode into incredible bursts of colours, we all look out the window of the lobby in wonder. Every one celebrates by clinking their drinks and some people are kissing. But I can't stop looking at the fireworks, ever since I was a little girl we'd always had fireworks on my birthday every year, the most memorable year was when my brother lit a Cathrine wheel and it burned a hole in our fence. Which I believe, still stands to this day. I smile at the thought of home, I miss Kentucky. Everyone is dancing but I'm on my own with my warm hands pressed against the window, the condensation surrounding them, I don't care if I'm on my own, I love it just being me and listening to my own thoughts for a change, there's something enticing about it.

I hear the clip-clopping of high heels behind me and turn around to see Niamh and Ellie arm in arm, swaying to the beat of the music, until they almost fall over, giggling uncontrollably. They are completely and utterly drunk.

"Kiss me Lynnette!" Ellie shouts, I begin to back away in panic, my hands behind me, pressed against the window.

"No, god no!" I shout pushing her away as she puckers her lips like a fish.

"No.. n... no ELLIE kiss me instead!" Niamh shouts her speech delayed and slurred, Ellie immediately turns round to face Niamh and they both start to make out intensely.

"Get a room you two!" someone shouts.

"How many drinks have you had?" I say snatching the cups of beer from Niamh's empty hand. I count the empty cups she has stacked together. Nine. Ellie is holding an empty bottle of Chardonnay, which doesn't mean she's had her maximum amount of drinks yet. She can obviously not take this amount of alcohol - she's going to feel this in the morning.

Whereas I on the other hand, have only had half a pint, well that's not entirely true, I haven't finished it yet.

The music is booming out of the speakers and is playing all sorts of hits like Rick Astley, Madonna, Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson. The two of them dance like maniacs. They turn to face me, who is the only one not dancing to 'I wanna dance with somebody'.

"Lynn come dance.. with us!" Niamh shouts splashing her drink everywhere like an exploding water balloon.

"I can't," I say.

"Cmon Lynney, you're always going on bout you wanna be...professional dancer!" She screams. I blush and look around to see if anyone heard.

"No, really I'm fine," I say shaking my head. Without hesitation, Ellie forcefully grabs my arm and yanks me on to the dance floor. I begin to awkwardly dance by just moving my arms a bit and swaying, where as Niamh and Ellie screech the words to the song and look as if they really believe they are Whitney Houston.

Whilst I'm dancing, I decide to count the number of people here, it's all the staff including, bell boys, receptionists and I swear I saw Guy and Jenna around here somewhere. I count 64 and then loose focus because of the booming music.

I love Whitney Houston and her incredibly powerful voice don't get me wrong, but when the speaker is right by my ears, all I hear is noise.

Out of the corner of eye I see a big bush of bleach blonde hair. It's Ashley. That bitch has done all she can to make my experience here so far as bad as she can possibly make it. She's pushed me down stairs; tripped me up when holding big piles of things in my hands and even poured coffee in my handbag. I want to retaliate I really do, but every time I go to scream in her face, Niamh keeps telling me 'Don't risk it, she knows dangerous people'.