Chapter 12.

Papyrus ' P.O.V.

I woke up with Mettaton in my arms. A nice peaceful silence in the room. It was a bit chilly, but not freezing. I look down at Mettaton's sleeping face, carefully moving some of his hair out of his eyes. Why is he so irresistibly cute?! Or are all stars like this?

My eyes wander slowly to the scars on the right of his face. I wonder what happened between him and Napstablook? I shouldn't ask incase it makes him feel uncomfortable. I know when people ask me about my dad, I get uncomfortable.
Sans says dad's slowly getting better in the mental hospital, but he won't let me visit.

As I was lost deep in my thought I didn't realise Mettaton's eyes fluttering open to the sound of both our phones ringing.

"Good Morning Papyrus." He hummed as he leaned to grab his phone.
"Güten Morgen*. Mettaton speaking." Mettaton answered into his phone. His face broke out into a smile.

"Papyrus? Yes darling. He's here with me. We're in bed." Metta says happily. Then his smile drops and his face goes bright red. He takes a quick glance at me. "Alphys, tell Undyne I can hear everything she's saying. And it wasn't like that. He's too innocent for that." Metta huffs.

"What's the matter Ton-Ton?" I ask. He just smiles at me.

"Nothing darling. Undyne was being...Undyne." He announced as he leaned up and pecked my cheek. "Yes Alphys, I'm still here darling. Yep. Sounds lovely. 1 till 7? That's great dear. Yep see you in a bit! Taa taa darling!" Mettaton said cheerfully into the phone. He looks at me and cuddles back into me.

"Well? What did Alphys want?" I ask curiously. Mettaton simple chuckles. I pout and let out a huff.
"Ton - Ton! Tell me!" I whine childishly. Mettaton stayed quietly and hugged me tighter.

"Let's just enjoy the moment shall we?" He says kissing me again. I sigh happily.

"Nyeh heh heh," I chuckle quietly to myself. "Ok." I add wrapping him in my arms tighter.

After some time of cuddling, the doorbell rang and Mettaton groaned loudly. He kicked off the bed covers and padded out the room with a grumble. After a while I heard the front door slam and a loud stomp up the stairs. Mettaton stormed into the bedroom and walked to the vanity table and grabbed plenty of foundation, concealer and blush.

" Ton - Ton? Is everything ok?" I ask. I sit up from his bed as he violently covered his face in make up. He doesn't say anything, or look at me, just continues to plaster his face. I jump from the bed and swiftly walk over to him.

I grab Mettaton by the shoulder and turned him around.

He just looked at me. His eyes weren't full of anger, but full of sadness and regret.

"Papyrus, I'm sorry." He says, tears consuming his eyes.

"What happened? Who was at the door?" I ask hugging him close.

"Some journalists. I answered the door without covering my face! I was so stupid! It's going to be on every newspaper!" He exclaims. I comfort him and stroke his hair gently.

"It's going to be fine. I, the great Papyrus, am sure everyone will forget in a day or two. Besides, you're still amazingly handsome. Now everyone can make a scarred face attractive." I say placing a gentle kiss on his forehead. If only he could see what I could see.

"Thanks Darling." Mettaton finally speaks giving me a smile. "Why don't we get some breakfast." He says letting me go. "I'm just going to wash my face." He says heading to the bathroom.

*much later*

Mettaton had blindfolded me as he drove us to Alphys and his secret meeting place. I really can't wait to see where we're going.