Chapter 4:Lose You Tonight

Cause I was waiting for you

Waiting for all my life

And I've been crying for you

Dyin' for you all this time

Cause I was waiting for you

Waiting for all my life

And I'm not gonna lose you tonight

 Marceline's POV, nine & a half years later

 I hate him, I want him to burn for everything he's done. He's done nothing but screw up my life. He's the reason I'm this way.  By "Him" I mean my biological father.  I don't remember him ever being there for me;I don't know his name or where he is. I hope he's dead & burning in hell. You're probably asking, "How can you despise someone if you've never met them?" well, I'll tell you why; my Mother always told me the horrible things he did to her.  She always said he'd drink constantly & go out night after night to pick up random women & take them to a hotel room to...yeah, you get the picture.

   I've never seen a picture of him but as I'm told, I'm cursed with his  dark brown hair & green eyes. I'm also cursed with his Finnish accent. It only comes out when I'm angry or frustrated. Which is all the time. The last thing my mother would tell me;he wore girl makeup & tight leather pants... I know, creepy, right?

   "I never knew why I married him," she would say, "but it was the biggest mistake of my life." I don't know why either, Mother.  I'm glad I can live without that jackass around. My hate for him was like a a ridged knife;sharp, direct, & lethal.

Sorrow rebuild me as I step out of the light

Misery strengthen me as i say my goodbyes

I heal my wound with grief

& dream of you & weep myself alive

I love you Marceline, Sweetheart.

  That voice in my head,deep, smooth, & raspy, wasn't my own.  I shook the brainwashing message away.

If there's one thing I've learned,Sweetheart. It's to never listen to your mother.

   "God, just shut up!"  It was silent, no more voices, no sound. Just pure silence.  A cold shudder trickled down my spine. Cold, hesitant light streamed in through a window, casting eerie shadows on the walls. The shadows seemed to swirl around my feet, sucking me in. I was afraid of the dark, childish, I know. Something about being in a dark room with no recollection of where you are or what's there with you...is chilling.

Darkness is a form of loneliness, loneliness is a form of darkness, Love.  Don't be afraid. I'm here, I'll always be here.

  The stream of the ocean flooded my eyes, my throat closed up tight & each word pitched higher than the last in an effort to squeak out the words that were bottled up inside me. "Dad, why do you hate me so much? What did I do to deserve this pain & neglect?"

  I don’t hate you, sweetheart. I love you very much. Don’t ever think I hate you. (Sound familiar?)

      My knees grew weak & I couldn't speak. Those words, forever embrailed into my brain, ripped my heart out & left me bleeding with a smile on my face. (lyrics! :D)

      "Who are you?" I whispered, no one answered, of course. Maybe I'm going insane. Now this voice was my own. Or maybe repressed memories.  I stood, feeling the walls for the doorknob. When it was recovered, I opened the door & moved towards Mom's room.  Her room was dark too, the pitch darkness threatened to envelope me. God, I hate being afraid of the dark.