Chapter 9

Monday morning I woke up before my alarm went off and almost screamed. I had forgotten all about Jordan staying the night. Once I was calmed down I noticed how warm I was. It wasn't bad actually, It was quite nice. I felt comfort and security when I seen that Jordan had his arm wrapped around me. Hmm... I think I have feelings for Jordan...

The annoying beeping from my alarm clock started just as I was really thinking about things. Jordan rolled onto his back as I sat up to stop the beeping. I let him sleep as I grabbed my uniform and boxers and showered to get ready for work. While showering I had time to think about everything more. I made my way back to my room to wake Jordan up only to discover he was awake and dressed.

"I'm glad you are done in there. I'm about to piss myself"

I just chuckled and walked to my dresser to get some socks. I just finished putting my socks on as he came out.

"Good morning" I said as cheerfully as I could for a Monday morning

"It will be good once I get some coffee in me"

"Lets go downstairs and get some then"

As I made us both a to go cup of coffee we talked about me calling a lawyer over everything with Brandy. Jordan and I agreed that it would be best to cut my hours at the diner until everything is done and over with. After our talk I fallowed him out the door, making sure to reset the security system.

The work day drug on and on. I swore it would never end. Finally it was time to head home and get ready for my shift at the diner. I wanted to get there a little early so I could talk to Jane about cutting my hours back.

"Hey Jane could I talk to you for a minute please"

"Sure Jake I'll meet you in my office in just a minute"

Thinking about asking Jane to cut my hours back made me a little nervous but I had to try.

"Ok Jake, What did you need to talk to me about?"

"Um... I was wondering if you could cut my hours back to 4 hours every day"

"Oh thank goodness. I thought you were going to tell me you were putting in your two week notice"

I just laughed then went on to explain what was going on with Brandy. By the time I was finished Jane had tears ready to spill from her eyes. She gave me a big hug and told me to get to work. I was more than willing to at that point.

There was a carnival in town this week that left the diner pretty much dead. We worked in teams of two to get as much of the cleaning done as we could. Jordan had a rag and cleaner and I had the broom and dust pan. He would wipe the tables and chairs down then I would sweep around the table. We were joking and kind of flirting with each other as we cleaned and it made time fly by.

As soon as the doors were locked we made a quick sweep to make sure everything was taken care of for tomorrow then walked out to our vehicles. I stood in the parking lot and talked to Jordan for a while before heading home.

I pulled up to my house to find Brandy waiting at my door. 'Great. Just fucking great!' I thought. The look on her face told me she was pissed so obviously she had tried to get in the house.

"What do you want Brandy?" I asked not really caring

"I tried to come get the rest of my things but you changed the locks on me"

"It is my house and you no longer live her so yea I changed the locks. Not only that but there is nothing in MY house that you own."

"My dresser, My doll cabinet, and a few other things are in there" She protested

"None of that stuff is yours. Just because you picked it out doesn't mean anything. It was MY money that paid for it therefore it is MINE"

"This isn't right Jake, You can't keep my stuff from me just because you paid for it"

"No Brandy what isn't right is the fact that you stole thousands of dollars from me to furnish a house for you and your former fuck buddy"

"Just give me my stuff Jake"

"It's NOT your stuff Brandy. You need to leave now before I call the police."

At the mention of calling the police she turned around and almost ran to her car.

"Oh by the way, be prepared to hear from my lawyer. Im taking you to court over all the money you stole from me. Have a nice life" With that I walked in my house.

I watched a little bit of tv before heading to bed. I stripped down and put on some sweat pants then climbed in to bed. I laid the for a while with thoughts of Jordan running through my head. I fell asleep with a huge smile on my face.