Chapter 2

Haruna woke up when the sunlight became really annoying, stretched her body, and sat up in the sand. She had to rub her eyes to see anything clearly, and felt like she had been run over by a car. It definitely wasn’t comfortable to sleep that way.

She looked around her, and the campfire they had the night before was already extinguished. It felt safe to have the fire around and during the night it got a bit chilly out there, so that was a good decision. The leader sighed heavily, and observed the others sleeping.

Mami was sleeping on her stomach, using some of the clothes they found as a pillow, and Tomomi was right by her side covered by the blonde’s black hoodie, lying on her back, her shoulder touching Mami’s. They were still sleeping deeply. Haruna thought those two looked like children sometimes.

But Rina wasn’t there. There were some footsteps visible on the sand, and the vocalist stood up and followed them with her eyes. She felt relieved when she saw Rina coming back at a distance, carrying something big and red with her.

As she got closer, Haruna could see it was a red handbag. She didn’t want to get her hopes up, in case that wasn’t what she thought it was, but it looked a lot like an emergency kit.

Then she saw Rina smile at her.

- Look what I found! – Rina said, now running the rest of the way. – That’s what I was hoping to find yesterday.

It really was the emergency kit from the airplane.

- We are way more lucky than smart. – Haruna said, looking at the red bag and feeling a bit safer – Where did you find this?

- Not that far from here, it was floating on the water and I ran to take it before the waves could move it far. - the drummer seemed very pleased with herself, and then Haruna noticed she was drenched from her thighs down - There's some useful stuff, different types of bandages, tape, gauze, gloves, very tiny scissors, and some liquid things for pain and burns and all of that. It's not that much, but...

- No, this is brilliant. - the leader said with a smile on her face - How long have you been up?

- Not that long, I just couldn't sleep anymore and Tomo-chan was mumbling nonstop, so I went walking to see if I could find something else from the crash.

- You're the best, Rina-chan. - Haruna then turned to those two still sleeping - I thought she'd be too messed up to move around or sleep talk after everything, but it seems like I was wrong.

- I didn't see her moving or anything, but once she started talking she didn't shut up anymore. - Rina put the bag on the ground and sighed in a frustrated way - If there was any hope of sleeping again for me, she killed it. - Haruna laughed - And she called for Mami like a thousand times, I have no idea how she didn't wake up and punched her or something. Mami is a bear, that's the only explanation.

- I didn't hear Tomo-chan either, I guess we were all too tired. And you always had a light sleep, you know that.

- Yeah. - Rina agreed and scratched her head while looking at the other two girls - We should go if we want to use our daylight time well... Which one of us will do it?

- Wake them up? - Haruna asked, and Rina nodded - I'm not volunteering for that.

- Well, me neither! Just look at them, they're so peaceful now that Tomo-chan shut up.

- Is that your reason? - Haruna asked, amused - I just don't wanna be killed. The last time I woke up these two in the van, it didn’t go very well to say the best.

- Well, at least they didn't call you all the horrible things possible on earth, like someone does. Or did they?

- I was stressed, ok?