Chapter 3

Matt's POV

Still kind of surprised that little nerdy Emily, is the President's daughter Emily Scott. I thought that Nerdy Emily was pretty cute, but the real Emily is... Beautiful. Only 10 minutes before I get to see her again. Then I get to spend at least a week, day in day out, with her.

I'm about 2 minutes from her house. When I get there I walk to the door, expecting to see Ryan I put a fake smile on, but once the door open my jaw drops to the ground and my heart jumps to my throat, when I see Emily she's wearing tight black jeans, a black leather jacket, un–zipped with a black crop top on underneath and black leather high heel boots. Her eyes have been highlighted by thick eyeliner and mascara, and a light lipstick on her lips.

Emily's POV

I hear the doorbell ring while I'm changing into my black jeans, singlet and leather jacket. I rush to the bathroom and put on light foundation, black mascara and eyeliner, and cream coloured lipstick, to finish off the look I put on my black leather high heel boots. With a quick glance at the mirror, I leave the room with my backpack that has all my equipment for example; my guns, tasers, knives, my phone, clothes for the week and heaps more.

I run to the door and pull it open to see Matt, staring at me with his eyes bulging out of his head and his jaw on the ground between his feet. Ok not quite, but pretty close.

"Hi" I say to him

"Wow. I mean 'hey'" he replies, his words jumbling together.

"Your late." I tell him

"Yeah sorry about that. Can I come in?"

"No, but you're going to anyway"

"Yep" I move to the side to let him pass, before closing and locking the door.

"Follow me." I tell him, walking up stairs to my room.

"Where are we going?" he asks

"My room, you need supplies if you're coming with me."

"And you have supplies in your room? What type of supplies?" he asks

"You'll see." When we get to my room, I walk to my walk in robe with him on my tail. At the end of my wardrobe is a double sided wall, on one side it is boring and a plain wall, whereas on the other side is my stash of supplies, as cliché as it sounds.

"Um, wow." Matt gasps, when the wall spins around revealing my countless types of weapons.

"What?" I knew my collection was larger than average, but it wasn't enough yet.

"Is this what you meant by 'supplies"?"

"What did you think I meant? Nail polish and make up? Seriously, there is a chance of us dying and you didn't think I would give you anything to protect yourself. I'm not that bad."

"Fair enough. So what do I get?" He asks, looking at my collection of guns.

"Which ones do you want?"

"Um, I get to choose?"

"No, I'm just asking so then, I can give you the opposite of what you want." I tell him, seriously

"You're kidding, right?"

"Maybe, so anyway what ones do you want? We're wasting valuable time right know."

It takes us about half an hour, for him to pick the weapons he wants, as well as me teaching him how to use them.

Once he has a backpack with clothes and weapons, we walk downstairs to see Amanda and Ryan waiting for us.

"You better be careful. Do you understand me? Emily, I mean it. Please don't be stupid." Ryan demands, while sobbing.

"I will, I promise. Jeez, have some faith in me would you." I tell him, causing him to smile slightly, before hugging me.

"Love you long time" Ryan says

"Love you long time" I reply before turning to Amanda

"Keep me in the loop, will you? Just because I'm not your partner for this mission, doesn't mean I won't help you, ok? Promise me, you'll call if you need me." Amanda begs me, with tears in her eyes.

"I will. You are both worry warts. I'll call whenever I can, promise." I walk to the kitchen to get some food to take while Matt talks to Ryan and Amanda.

I walk back in, and Matt's eyes are on me in a flash. I throw him an apple and we say our goodbyes. We walk into the garage and get into my car, which he also gasps at.

"Are you going to be shocked about everything you see, relating to me?" I ask him, once we're in the car.

"I will, if you stop showing me surprising and shocking things. Just remember, I only found out that you are the President's daughter. Everything that I knew about you has a new meaning now." He informs me.

"Ok, I promise to try and not do anything too abnormal for you." I tell him, sarcastically, glancing over at him, while speeding up and swerving around the cars in front of us, causing his jaw to drop again.

"Um, I don't mind abnormal, because it seems that this is your normal." He stutters, causing me to laugh loudly, since the first time meeting him.

"So you do know how to laugh." He mutters and my laughing stops abruptly.

"Of course, I know how to laugh, I'm not a robot." I snap, my mood souring

"Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. It's just that I haven't heard you laugh before, is all." He apologises

"I don't laugh often, you're right. I haven't since I was little and mum died." I tell him, and I feel his eyes on me.