2. Hijab

2. Hijab 

It's hard not to grin like a mad woman when you're about to get the story that's finally going to get on the front page. 

But it's inappropriate to smile in front of grieving parents. I know this story's going to be it and my heart aches because it's just too good. 

Aamaal Williams was thirteen years old when she was bashed over the head with a baseball bat, during one of her five prayers that those muslims do. She had her mother's dark, black hair and dark skin tone, but her father's blue eyes and she had the biggest smile. She would've turned into a beautiful woman. I could tell even if her black hair was wrapped in…what are those things called? 

Oh yeah, a hijab.   

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm studying journalism at the moment and I've noticed that people usually care about the story, about what gets on the first page, gets on the news, gets them that shot... it's rather depressing, competitive field. 

Also, I've noticed a certain amount of...well, to put it bluntly "racism" when it comes to Islam and it annoys the hell out of me. No religion is perfectly clean of nut jobs. I can name a very long list of Christian nut jobs, Jewish nut jobs, Hinduism nut jobs...eh, you get my point. It pisses me off! So, why not write a flash fiction about it?