Meeting The Truth

Well here I am in the passenger seat in Brads car. We are driving threw Crescent City in the northern part of California. It's amazing here how bright the city looks. My eyes take in everything as we pass it wishing he would drive slower. He has told me about the school I will be going to and about the sight there are to see. Hes also told me about his daughter and nephew.

I'm a bit nervous to be meeting his family but I'm excited I'm finally free. He smiles at me as we near a set of golden gates. The sign says Riverton development in big bold letters.

"Here we go" he says while driving further into the development. I look around at the big house we are passing in awe, having  never seen such houses. Where I lived the houses were run down with badly constructed basements and dead grass as front lawns. I grew up not knowing there was better out there.

"Keeley come on" he says softly holding my door open. On the plan ride here we talked about my name. We both agreed it was a beautiful name but hard to say. He even came up with a nickname for me which I love it fits me. He also looked up the meaning of my name. Which get this I would have never guessed my first name means strong willed, my middle name means light, and my last means hope. I wonder if my parents knew this when they named me.

I shake my head trying to stay in the present time. I follow Brad to the door where  I start to brace my self for the worst. And as he turns to look at me a ton of what ifs filled my mind. Oh no what if he lied? What if he's not really married and doesn't have kids? What if he's really a sick person like my father? What if he makes me sleep in the basement? What if he touches me?

"Keeley, relax I promise your safe" he tell  me for the hundredth time today. I take a deep breath and try to relax.

"Have you ever herd of the  book called Fighter?" I say causing him to stop from opening the door.

"Um I'm not sure what is it about?" He asks looking curious.

"A girl name Jane. She fought to live even as the  world threw curve ball after curve ball. She grew up much like me but she was an only child. Her birth killed  her mother. This is something I've never told anyone, but I killed my birth mom to the women who I said was my mom isn't but she adopted all of us and had Cy when she married my father so she's the only mother I knew. In the middle of the book she falls in love with this boy names Victor. There perfect for each other he shows her how worthy she is. But the endings sad Jane's dad finds Victor and Jane together once  he's released from jail. He stalks them for a while and finally decided to strike one afternoon. He kills Victor in front of her and she breaks and it says how she lets the darkness finally consume her. In the end he kills her to leaving there four year old son Dylan orphaned" I explain to him. Threw out my summary of the story understanding crosses his features.

"Oh Keeley that will not be your fate I promise you that" he says while wrapping me in his arms.

"Yeah I hope not. The second book is coming out soon it's about Dylan it's called survivor" I tell him as a half smile appears on my lips.

"Um well the name sounds fitting. Are you ready now?" He ask politely. I nod my head as he opens the door. I breath in deeply as we enter his house. I thought it looked big on the outside man it's not comparable to the inside. The floors are wooden, first thing you see are the beautiful wooden stairs. On either side of the stairs are hall ways. I look up at the ceiling to see a glass chandelier hanging.

"To the left is the kitchen and dinning room also the patio door. Under the stairs is the door to the finished basement that is half game room half work out area. To the right of the stairs is a bathroom, living room, and an office. Up the stairs to the right all the way down is mine and my wife's room. The room closes to the stairs on the right is Ali room and across from her is the bathroom. On the far left is Eli's room and the room before his is yours. You have your own bathroom also" he tells me motioning with his hands what he means. I nod as we walk to the kitchen.