Part 9

The Playground also known as the place tired parents take their kids so they can finally have some peace and quiet while the kids run off some energy yet come back home with just as much energy. 

Noel and Michael were playing on the swingset trying to decide who was gonna push the swing and who was gonna sit on it first. I sat on a park bench watching the two bicker about something so silly, when an elderly man sits next to me. I didn't think much of it but he looked somewhat familiar. I looked over to him staring at me with intent in his eyes, so being myself I asked this man "May I help you?"

"You look oddly familiar." He replied.

"What is your name?" He asked.

"Nova." I replied a little worried of what might happen next. He then leaned in and whispered into my ear, "Were you raped about 5 years ago?"

"No."  I lied as I just remembered exactly who it was. 

A split second later Noel and Michael came charging toward me screaming for their mother. I looked at the time and knelt down to them to tell them to wait just one moment while I packed our things up. They walked over to the swings and waited for me to be ready. As I was quickly shooving stuff in my purse and their play bags. I hear his voice say. 

"You were great." I shot a quick glance and said I had to leave. 

As I was getting up he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down to the bench and whispered "Are they mine?"

"No, I told you that day years ago that I would never keep kids with a creep like you." I spat back at him as I lied behind my teeth. 

"You never did lie very well, you know that, don't you?" He snarled. Right then my phone started ringing, at first I thought it was the hospital and answered it giving him the one moment finger.

"Hello, this is Nova speaking."

"NOVA!! NOVA!!! I've fallen and I really can't get up." Realizing who it was I told James I would be home momentarily then hung up. I looked at Marcus and with some happiness in my voice said "Marcus, it wasn't lovely talking to you and I hope I never see you again."

With that I got up and and was soon knocked to the ground, whatever was on me I had expirienced the weight before and I knew it was Marcus. He started kissing my neck and trying to recreate what had happened only years ago till I shoved him off and yelled at my kids to get to the car. 

We ran as fast as we could and got into the car with Marcus trailing behind. I started the car and drove off as fast as I could. The only thing on my mind was 'is James ok?'