Thoughts In One Bed

Sorry sinners, you can crawl back into the shadows. 

Cat Noir P.O.V

I had to lock myself away from Marinette. This whole scenario is just one too many problems for me to handle. I'm mostly worried about Plagg. My transformation shouldn't be lasting this long. I've tried to detransform, but nothing happens. Ever since I went through the black hole, my ring has been frozen on 3 paw pads. I think that time has frozen for us since we arrived. I guess in a way that's a good thing because if this is true, I have one less thought on my mind; detransforming in front of Marinette. Of course, I will have to tell her. Maybe she will forget... about the kiss. And then not care about my identity anymore. Besides, who remembers their first kiss anyways...

Damn it, memories.

Stupid Chloe and her lemon scented chapstick.

If it wasn't for the current situation, it would be so much easier two choose a girl. If it wasn't for the current situation, Marinette wouldn't have kissed me. I would have been an innocent boy who had a beautiful girlfriend and did not cheat on her with one of his best friends. If it wasn't for the current situation, I could have broken up with Kayla for a fair reason, not because of guilt. I want to say it's my fault, but deep down, I can't take the blame for Marinette's actions. I find Marinette's dress hanging on a hook on the wall. I take it down and then I begin to notice the smell.

This bathroom is really starting to smell like my grandma's soap. If my transformation isn't going to wear off, I might as well talk to Marinette about what happened. Maybe get my plan into action.

I open the door and walk over to a chair by the wall. I pick it up and carry it to the front of the bed. I place the dress back in the garment bag and hang it in the wardrobe before coming to sit in front of Marinette.

She's sleeping.

I watch Marinette's steady breathing. Her eyes her shut and the only movement was were chest rising and falling.

"I know you're there, Cat" she says to me without opening her eyes. She's laying on her back with one hand behind her head and the other streached above her. Her shirt has riden up a bit and I can see the edege of her underwear.

"Did you expect me to leave?" I asked.

"I expected you to be in your human form by now" she says in a flat tone. No emotion shown.

"I don't think I will be detransforming any time soon. Looks like your stuck with this cat" I say reaching to pull her hair off her face. I move my hand gently, worried I might scratch her.
"There. Now you have two eyes"

"Thank you, Kitty" she says. She must be getting a bit tired. It would be around 8pm by now.

I stay seated. I would watch her sleep all night if I wasn't so tired. It's calming watching her, examing everything I never could as Adrien. Her make-up is smudging. It's probably the model in me. I went to get up to retrive a hot flannel from the bathroom and return a few minutes later.

"Keep your eyes closed" I tell her. I do my best at washing the make up off. You can still see her eye liner, but instead of a nice cleansing product, all I had to use was an ancient flannel. I go back to the bathroom to return the flannel and then retreat back to Marinette's side. I stay like that for what feels like hours. By this stage, I know my transformation isn't going anywhere. Marinette stirs a bit before opening her eyes.

"You need your sleep too" she says groggily. She shuffles over to one side of the bed and pats the empty space next to it. I don't know if I should take it or not. It could be another one of her plans to kiss me, but I figure if I just face away from her, nothing can happen.

"Come on, Cat. I promise to keep my lips to myself" she smiles.

My urge to sleep takes over and I stand up from my seat and fall beside Marinette. I roll over so my back is towards her and so my eyes don't wander to places they shouldn't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette P.O.V

I finally convince him to sleep next to me, but once he lays down on the bed, he turns his back to me. I guess I deserve it. I knew I shouldn't have kissed him, and now all I've acheived is having a very awkward relationship with my room mate. I kissed him because I missed Adrien. Because in a strange way, Cat Noir reminds me of him. I think it's the eyes. I've looked into them a million times to know they are the exact same shade as Adrien's. Cat Noir washed my face before. I think he was taking my make up off. He told me to keep my eyes closed and I did. I didn't want to say anything because I think I've done enough today to keep my train feuled. I know when I fall asleep, the train will return and I will once again have to live through my whole life. I don't enjoy watching it. It makes me feel old. I know I definitely am not, but even now, my childhood is almost gone. I only have 2 more years of childhood left and I really don't want to waste them.

So I kissed Cat Noir. Big deal. I've done it before but he didn't remember it. And that was when I was ladybug. I didn't feel anything then, but being stuck in a whole different century with only one person who you know you can trust, can you really blame me for it. I felt lonely. I still do now. The only thing I see is a boy hunched over avoiding any possible contact with me. There's still room so I shuffle further away from him. Maybe distance is a good thing. I can recollect my thoughts and hopefully get them off the train. One less carridge to worry about seeing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cat Noir P.O.V

I am so tempted to turn around. I want to turn around.

I have been looking at her for hours and now a few minutes without her and I am overcome with loneliness. I miss Plagg and his constant whinning for camembert. I miss Ladybug, where I could freely jump from roof to roof with my partner. I miss Nino, my best friend in the world. And I miss my mother..

I opened my eyes to clear the picture of her. It's frightening sometimes. I need comfort.

I lift my head off my pillow,

and I turn around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette P.O.V

I am greeted with the mask of my partner. He looks me in the eyes again. His eyes glance at the distance between us, about 10 inches. Slowly, his eyes are turning red. I know it finally hit him, the shock of not being home. I contemplate whether or not I should move forward and minimise the gap between us.

If I did, he would probably think I am making another move on him. Right now, all I really want is a friend. So I'll stay where I am. But I want to comfort him. He looks as though he might burst into tears any second. No, this is a test, he turned back around to see if he could trust me not to make a move and I'm going to pass this test with an A+. He can't fool me. I've got him all figured out---

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cat Noir P.O.V

Without even questioning the look on Marinette's face when I rolled over, I reach for her and pull her into a tight hug. All I wan't right now is comfort and when Marinette isn't being rude to me or trying to break my nose with her own, she's the one I will always go to for comfort.

I'm afraid to let go. I'm afraid to see the expression on her face. Disgust maybe, from all these mixed signals I'm sending her. I can't let go now. Just a while longer. Just until the tears stop threatening to fall down my face.

Her arms are lightly touching me. I think she is confused whether to hug me back or not. I give her a slight nudge with my chin telling her it's okay. I feel her grasp tighten around me and I haven't felt this safe in years.

Her head pops up and I see the spark of lust in her eyes. I think she want's a repeat of before..

Minus the almost nose break.

I lean my head down close to hers and see the sparkle getting brighter and brighter, until..

A/N you're welcome ;)