「iii. incriminations」

Wrong.

Everything was so wrong.

Where had it gone wrong? Where had he gone wrong?

When had everything fallen to nothing?

What revolt? What 'Uchiha Revolution'? He'd never heard of any of this!

And now he's a spy, a traitor to his clan? What? Why? When had this happened? What had even happened?

What was going on?

His family decided he wasn't fit to be an Uchiha, that he frolicked too much with those outside the clan. That he was unreliable, likely to turn on them at any second. That his whole Jounin Sensei setup was just a ploy to conceal his newfound loyalties to the upper echelons of the village. That he intended to ruin them.

And the rest of the village called him the cause of the widespread unrest, the discord brewing between the Uchiha and everyone else. That he was the one riling the thus-far silent clan into a rebellion. That he would bring the downfall of the village that the First Hokage had created. That he intended to ruin them.

Perhaps, if the gap between the Uchiha and the rest of the village hadn't been so vast, they could've seen the error in these allegations. They could've known that both sides were wrong; that he was simply just another ninja.

God, he wanted to be just another ninja.

His team's handling was passed to another as he was deemed too 'unstable' to continue the job. It hurt — it hurt so bad. He'd grown far too attached to the young trio, and evidently, they'd come to have some amount of affection for him too.

But perhaps the long months of estrangement were a good thing, because they had a chance to forget him.

Because when Uchiha Itachi brought Death to his doors, it all made sense.

It wasn't till the very end that his faults were made clear to him. He almost laughed at his own stupidity, his foolhardy that had led to his segregating himself from the clan, his tunnel vision that let him look only at the team of youngsters he led and wished to convince of his true nature rather than everyone else within his home.

The Uchiha were known to care too much. And when they started caring, nothing else mattered.

Therein lied their demise.

"Could I break these chains at the very end?"

a/n: yeh i'm done

do i get high after midnight or smth because this istg--- i don't even know. like what?? so rushed??? and meaningless???? and senseless?????

lol told you these were late night drabbles.

maybe i'll try something lighter next time.

S K Y L A R