A White Canvas

The Social Ladder

My place in it? Well, I dont really have one. You see, I'm a category all in itself. I belong in the "Misfits".

I could fit into multiple places, it just depends on which part of my personality you look at. I'm a closet nerd, I'm pretty dorky, and I'm super weird. But, I'm also a skater, the only real skater chick in this whole school, the others can't even stand on a board for 5 seconds without falling. I've also been labeled an "emo" by many, but I prefer punk. But, on top of everything: I'm misunderstood. I have friends, but none of them are close. I've been called a badass and mean and rude and cruel and sarcastic. I mean, I won't lie, I'm not the greatest student and sarcasm is my first language, but I'm not mean, or rude, or judging. Its just that no one takes the time to get to know me. No one has the time or patience to find a trap door in my walls and accept me for me. I'm an outcast, I'm a wallflower, I'm a misfit , but I won't change for anyone. Been there, done that, it didn't end well. And now my walls are stronger than ever. No one knows the real misfit underneath my crazy cover-up. Everyone thinks I'm a loser, with middleclass parents, and an average life. They think I want attention, but honestly, I just want people to ignore my existence. They don't realize how much their words hurt. They don't abuse me physically, the last person who did that ended up in the hospital for 2 months. No, they just throw words after words at me. I've built up my armor to shield my heart and head from those words, but my armor's never strong enough. I have wanted to cut, I've wanted to die, I've wanted to just stop trying, but I can't bring myself to do any of it.

So if you wanna come along with me in this nightmare I call life, I promise I won't bite.

Hard.