Searching For Us - Chapter Three

For those who are not reading this from the computer... Part of this is her dreams, which are in between the asterisks (* * * * * * *). 

On the side is Reid.

* * * * * * *

It was last period on a Friday. The last twenty minutes of my English class was dwindling, too slowly. I wanted to get out of here. I had so much on my plate today that I just wanted to quickly finish work then sleep when I got home. We had cheerleading practice for 2 hours this morning and because of that, I missed two classes. Another thing was that during lunch, I was sitting outside when it started to rain. I was soaked from head to toe and had to change into my friend Ashley’s gym clothes, which were too short for my taste.

I had to get out of here.

Work was probably the best place for me right now. Everyone was super friendly, I had a shorter shift today and had to work the cash. That and I would be able to see him. The guy who I was crushing on for the past month. He was handsome. With dirty blonde hair highlighted with streaks of light blonde. Gorgeous sparkling blue eyes. His slight British accent. The fittest body in the entire world…

I sighed.

Tyler was his name. Tyler Macdonald.

He went to my school, and was in the twelfth grade. From our short conversations, he told me he was only going to school for the first semester, and was leaving in February to pursue his dream as a champion football player. It was last week when he told me that. Currently it was November, so he would be leaving in three months.

I only had a short time to get to know him.

- - - - - - -

Sighing, I handed the man his change. I still had two hours left of work.

Just then, the bell to the coffee shop door, ringed. I looked up and saw a tall blonde man walking in. My heart sped up.

It was Tyler.

I smiled as he walked up to the cash.

“The regular?” I asked him, admiring his messy hair. Whenever he came here, he always ordered a regular coffee, triple sugar and double milk. Sometimes, he would even get a toasted bagel with butter, or a carrot muffin. I'm not a stalker, I'm just observant.

“Nah, I think I’ll try something different. Introduce myself to something new, ya know?” He said, pulling out his wallet. Looking at the menu above us, he chuckled.

He was cute when he laughed.

“Decided yet?” I asked him, staring at his eyes. He lowered his head and his blue orbs bore into mine.

“Yes, but it’s not on the menu.” Not on the menu? I would gladly make anything for you, I thought.

“Well, what is it?” I asked, leaning on the counter that separated us.

“I don’t think I can afford it. It is pretty expensive. Priceless, even. It’s only available in this beautiful city, you see.” He smiled a crooked smile, tilting his head to the side. His slight British accent rang through my ears.

What did he want? I scrunched up my face in confusion. Not on the menu and not cheap. Hmm…

“I give up.” I say.

“Okay.” He chuckled, putting his wallet back into his jean pocket.

“Tell me!” I replied impatiently.