Chapter One

It was one of those days again.

Where he was feeling fragile.

When the only thing that could make him strong again was her.

He bit his bottom lip while looking at the clock. She should be home by now. He knew she was busy at work like always, but... there were these times when he ached for her. Nothing in the world could cure what he was feeling but her touch. Not necessarily inherently sexual touch, either. Being held and caressed was enough or him. He just wanted to be in her presence, to feel completely owned by her again.

Atlas traced the lines on the sheets up and down until the clock changed. Thinking about being away from her made him feel empty, useless. But at the same time, Atlas knew the he didn't deserve her. The way she made him feel safe and completely wanted in her arms. It was something he had never experienced before.

The door opened and he drew in a breath, relieved and nervous as the same time. They had only been dating for a few months now, and he was still shy around her. He didn't think that would ever stop. Something about her made him shy and a little embarrassed. Atlas had never been this open with a girl, because he didn't believe girls could be like this. This perfect. This dominant. This caring about his feelings.

"I'm hoooome!" she shouted in a sing-songy voice that sounded like angels singing in unison. In reality she sang like a drowning horse, but to him, everything about her was good. Her voice did something to him.

He remembered the first time he heard it. They met at a bookstore, Alana reading a copy of some political theory book, and Atlas reading a sappy young adult novel that he couldn't focus on. She had perfect chocolate brown eyes, the curliest hair he'd ever seen in a wild afro, and golden-dark brown skin. Her skin almost seemed to glow. She caught him staring and grinned a bit, looked down again, and realized he was still staring. So she walked right up to him, perhaps a bit close, and said, "Hi. I caught you staring from the young adult isle. My name is Alana." Then a radiant smile spread across her face. Obviously he was a stuttering mess after that.

He bashfully slid out of the bedroom, holding onto the wall. "H-Hi." Atlas looked to her and then to the ground very quickly. He always found it hard to stare at her for more than a full minute for obvious reasons. Alana's lips pursed. Slowly, almost teasingly, she set her bag down and then walked over to him.

"Greet me properly." She looked at him deeply.

"Hello mommy," Atlas said a bit too quickly and quietly, correcting himself, trying his hardest to stare back at her. But he was obedient. He'd do anything she told him to do, and she probably knew that.

She gave a quick smile and embraced him, pressing her lips to his, breathing him in. As she did this, sparks went off in his heart. Alana didn't need to do anything but this. Fuck making him crawl, teasing him, or even torturing him a little. If all she did was kiss him for the rest of his life, that'd be fine. That alone sets him off. Atlas could feel his heartbeat quickening.

"Did you miss me?" she asked, giving him that little grin she always did, which made his heart beat even faster. Of course he did, and she knew that. That was what that grin was for. It was knowing.

He nodded quickly, closing his eyes for a minute and then opening them again. "V-Very much, mommy." If he looked up at her, she'd know everything. Everything he was feeling and everything he needed. He was already so vulnerable, he didn't know if he wanted Alana to know everything.

Alana wrapped her arms around him, embracing him once again. "I missed you too, baby boy." She pulled from him, smiling a bit. "Come sit with me?"

"Yes, mommy." Her fingers intertwined with his, which caused him to blush. By the time they were both sitting on the couch, his face was hot. Atlas stared at his lap. "What happened at work today?" he uttered quietly, finding it hard to speak any louder in front of her.

"Mm, the usual," she said, shifting on the couch in a more comfortable position where her left leg sort of slumped off of the couch, inviting him to get closer to her. His cheeks went beet red as he slid into her arms, resting comfortably against her chest. "Some paperwork, a really long meeting with that wretched boss of mine." Alana kissed his collarbone, moving her arms to his stomach and pushing him upward for easier access. "But work is the last thing on my mind now."

Atlas reached for her hand, looking up at her innocently, almost pleading. "Mommy?" he asked.

As soon as their eyes found each other, so did their mouths. His hand flew to her chest, right to her heart. Alana put her hand over his, their mouths only parting to move so that Atlas was straddling Alana. She ran a hand slowly down his clothed chest, which made him shutter a bit. As much as it pained him, he pulled away.

He wanted to look at her again, no matter how shy and quiet it made him. She could make him beg for her later, he was happy to be in her presence. "Can we just.... stay like this for a little while?"

Alana nodded happily and squeezed his hand.