Chapter one.

♪Ronnie's p.o.v♪

I tossed and turned endlessly, before I sprang up in alarm and rubbed my eyes. Another nightmare. I looked up ahead at the clock in front of me. 7:12am. I rolled my eyes. It wouldn't matter if I was late. My attendance was filled with flawness-ness because I was rarely noticed in class so the teacher always ticked my name for presence, whether I was around or not.

I walked in my normal pace to the bathroom. Soon enough, I was out of the bathroom and sat down on my vanity dresser to put on my black Gothic makeup.

I dressed up and went down the stairs, heading towards the kitchen to meet a warm smell of waffles. "Morning Mrs maria." I said to my foster mom as I picked up a waffle from the counter. "Morning to you too." She said cheerfully. I rolled my eyes. Oh, how I hated cheerful people.

I was just munching on another waffle when maria suddenly had the nerve to comment on my dress code.

"What's with the dress Ronnie? You look like you're going for a hundred burials at one go." I took a dull glance down at my clothes and replied in my usual dull manner, "I know. I'm not blind, you know. I picked my outfit and I'm proud. Plus, you say that all the time."

She totally ignored me and started talking again.

"And, face's too white. You look like a vampire. And please, could you reduce the black? I never knew that black had a darker shade. Your lips are scary. Can't you put maybe red...or pink...or something?" She said again, this time chopping onions.

I picked up my backpack and started walking away. "I pray that you accidentally chop your fingers and bleed to death." I muttered to myself.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The usual walk to school was really neat. It was just me walking and listening to "panda" by desiigner. I never bothered to use my car because the walk to school is usually a 15 minute walk.

When I got to school, I was late. Again, not a new thing. I casually walked through the hallway of Royster High. I was so involved in my phone, I didn't hear footsteps from behind me. "Move!' A voice yelled, but it was too late. As I turned around to look at the damned idiot who obviously didn't know that it was wrong to run in the halls, we had a collision which practically sent us flying, but not too far.

"Owww!" I hissed, rubbing my forehead. I looked across to my hitter, and saw no one other than Cameron Davis, the schools bad boy. Wait... The school's most perfect bad boy.

"What's wrong with you? You should know better than to run in the hallway!" I babbled frantically. I was still shocked from my recent collision. Plus, my head was aching.

"Something wrong with me?" Cameron asked, raising an eyebrow. "I remember vividly that I yelled at you to move, but you kept your sorry ass in place."

I looked at him with my normal blank expression. "I got no time to bicker with you" I murmured to myself as I stood up and walked away.

I walked into AP chemistry and went to my usual seat at the back. So lonely...so comforting. I said in my head. Some girls whispered as I passed them, but one death glare was enough for them to keep their mouths shut. Shortly after I came in, Mr popular, Cameron Davis, who trips everyone in his way, walked in.

I walked silently to the cafeteria for lunch and sat down on my usual table, just me hanging out with myself. Its not like I didn't have any friends, in fact, I was very popular but I liked to distance myself from others to prevent any more...mishappenings.

I was in the middle of eating my nutella sandwich, when a girl plopped herself on the seat in front of me. "I hope this seat's not taken? Okay, thanks, its not. Hi I'm Alyssa Kendrew, but you may call me 'Al' or 'Lisa'. Nice meeting you. What's your name?"

I stared at her with a death glare. She was dressed in a colourful flower patterned top and a pink jacket, with a pink skinny jean. Whoa...so much colour. Gross.

"Pack up and leave" I growled, gritting my teeth. "Huh? What's that. I should leave?" She asked, her eyes wide open. "Wait...lemme give ya a better intro. I'm Alyssa Kendrew. I'm a new student here. I'm almost fifteen and I love bright colours" she said gleefully. "Move out!" I growled again.

"Pwease? I don't have anywhere to sit." She pouted. "Plus, don't you like having company. Oh and I totally forgot to compliment on your style. You're goth right?" She babbled again.

I think she must have noticed the glare I was giving her, she shut up, packed her stuff and stood up to leave. I noticed tears forming in her eyes and I almost felt guilty.

Really Ronnie? The poor girl has nowhere to sit for lunch.

I rolled my eyes and muttered,"fine!" Under my breath. "Stupid conscience" I muttered again. "Alyssa!" I called out. She turned around and I offered her my best impression of a smile. She felt kinda flattered and practically skipped back to the table. "Oh, thanks a lot. You've saved me on my first day. Yay!" She squealed. I rolled my intense black eyes. "Ummm...I didn't get your name though. Hey! Where you going?" She asked as I stood up to go. I held up an empty salad plate for her to see.

She mouthed an 'o' and started eating. She looked kinda bummed 'cause I didn't give her my name, so my stupid conscience kicked in again.

Just as I was leaving, I turned back and said, "Alyssa!'' She looked at me. "Veronica." And with that, I turned away, but not before my sharp eyes could catch her give me a quizzical look. I didn't bother to turn back and tell her that that was my name, 'cause my brain came up with the simple logic that if she had a brain, she'd understand.

***********
Hey fellas. I know you'll love this book, so make sure you vote and share.
♥@Ellabas