Instinct

Here it comes. 3, 2, 1. Swing! My fist collides with bone. I can feel the impact shatter it. There’s no time to stop. Here comes another. 3, 2, 1. SWING. CRASH. Another hit I see a blur of color as an unidentifiable shape moving towards me. I kick my leg up and hit it right in the center of its body. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello? All systems go? Is anyone there?  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "What do you mean you don’t know? What the hell man, really?! You can’t tell me when the game is going to get here?”

Hi my name is Johnathan Marden. Right now I’m dealing with my old pal James. He's the guy that I always get my X-box games from. I had ordered one almost a month ago and he still doesn’t have it. Anyways, I’m 6’5” and I have long black hair with red highlights. I'm 16 and I go to Westbridge High with my twin sister, Jack. People always think she’s a guy because of her name but she's far from it. She likes girly things and hates doing anything that would make her sweat or get dirty. But she's always up for playing video games with me. She is almost as tall as me. She’s only about a half in shorter. Our parents tend to travel more than they stay home so it’s pretty much just the two of us. She has extremely long black curly hair and one of those feather things that you put in your hair. She has a wicked smile that she rarely uses and a hot temper. You never want to piss her off or you risk losing something more than a few teeth.We live in the higher district in our small town and we don't have a lot of friends. We almost never leave each other’s side but when you have part time jobs sometimes you have to.

James’ attitude about the delivery was really starting to get on my nerves. "Sorry man, they said that they had to delay the order."

"Delay it my ass! I ordered it a month ago!" James held up his hands in front of his face defensively, and sighed. I took a deep breath and clenched my fists and then unclenched them. I knew that I shouldn't take this out on James this was just getting annoying. "Fine," I grumbled."Call me when they’re in.” James broke out into a smile and slung an arm around me.

"Sorry. I know this blew your day, but look on the bright side. You can go play outside instead of being stuck inside all day." I looked outside. When you live on the border of Arizona near a desert, you don’t really want to “play outside”.

"Sure..." I said removing his arm. James could get a little touchy sometimes. The door leading into the store dinged and we looked up from the video games section. Whew, hot babe on the radar! She had a nice rack and a perfect complexion. Her mouth looked like it belonged on an angel. She didn’t even acknowledge us and walked over to the controller isle. Well then. I mentally stuck my tongue out at her. I looked back at James and closed his jaw with my hand. He shook his head then grinned back at me. Then he dug something out of his pocket and handed it to me. It was a picture of him. "Really?" I asked. This was the worst joke ever.

"Flip it over," he said still grinning. Tapped on the back were two tickets to the Arizona Diamondbacks game this Friday. My eyes practically popped out of my head. These were the home plate seats. I whistled. These were good. "Happy birthday man." he said holding out his hand. He knew that my birthday was on Friday and that I had been wanting to go to this but all the tickets were sold out. Living in Salome made it a lot harder to get to Phoenix but man this was the best! I punched him in the arm and he punched me back. I took the tape off of the back and handed him his ticket that fake saluted him and went out the door.

The hot July sun beat down on me at about 100 degrees. I pulled my sunglasses out of my shorts and put them on. Today was hotter than yesterday and I didn't like it.  I headed towards my red Rav. 4 and dug out my keys. Unlocking the car from a few feet away I paused. There was someone standing beside my car. He was wearing a black leather jacket and jeans.  He had his hands in his pockets his eyes were closed. When I unlocked the car doors he didn’t even twitch. He had sandy blond hair and a thin body. I walked towards the car again and once I got close to the car he pushed himself off. He turned towards me and I saw that he had very pale blue eyes. This was too weird. I turned back towards the game shop and ran. I heard the guy run after me but no way was I, Westbridge's all-star runner, going to get caught. I put my head down and almost smashed into the door. I flung it open then held the handles so that they couldn't be opened from the other side. Once I had gotten inside, my stupid sunglasses fell off and were on the floor.  The guy chasing me wasn't as lucky.He smashed into the doors with a loud thunck, then fell backwards onto the concrete. 

"What did you do?!" James yelled from the back room. He quickly hurried out and walked up to me. "Whoa. Who is that? And why are your sunglasses on the floor?"  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Remember to comment and vote please! Also actors that fit the characters would be nice to know as well ^_^