Chapter 3

"So, you and Samantha?" Cory asked, his lips upturned in a slight smirk as he watched his brother. "When did that happen?"

Alex shrugged, staring down at the full glass of scotch in his hands. He was going for a glass of water, but of course his brother had poured the booze in before he could do anything. "I don't know... It just happened," he lied.

Cory laughed, snatching Alex's glass to take a long drink; his was already empty. "Did you two make out at a party or something?" he questioned. "Because trust me, girls act so much cooler at parties."

Alex chuckled and shook his head. "No. No parties."

Cory smirked again. "Right, I forgot. You spend your Saturdays reading twilight," he acknowledged coyly. Alex chuckled, rolling his eyes.

"So," Cory started. "Let me get this straight. You're going on a reality show with her the second you guys start dating? Hmmm..."

Alex averted his gaze. Cory smirked for the billionth time, his pale blue eyes lighting up in realization. "You guys are faking it for the money, aren't you?" He laughed, and Alex's lack of response was enough of an answer. "Dang, Al. And here I thought you finally made your move on her."

He bit his lip. "What do you mean?"

Cory crossed his arms over his chest. "C'mon, baby bro. Could it be any more obvious that you've got the hots for her?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Alex sighed, glancing at the window. "Okay, the limo's here to take us to the airport. I'll see you soon. Call me if I get the letter from Stanford." Quickly, he grabbed his suitcase.

"Got it," Cory grinned. "Now go get your girl." He nudged him and grinned. Alexsmiled back. "And seriously? A limo? What's wrong with a taxi?"

Alex laughed, raising his eyebrows. "Guess they want us to feel at home. I'll see you later, Cory."

Within a few minutes, Alex was inside of the limousine. The interior was incredible; the top was almost a mirror, with retro lights that looked similar to stars accenting it. In the center on the side was a large cooler, filled with everything from water, to soda, to champagne. The seats were leather and white, matching the exterior of the vehicle.

Sitting in the center, politely talking with a man and woman he didn't recognize, was Samantha. As soon as her eyes fell upon him, her gaze lit up. His heart skipped a beat. She was really good at pretending to be in love with him.

Her hair was down and flowing in gentle waves, the beautiful way it was when she simply let it dry. She wore many different styles, straightening being her usual, but it was always his favorite when she let it dry naturally. Of course he never told her this. "Hey," he breathed.

Sam grinned softly. "Hi." She politely gestured to the woman. "Alex, this is Alyssa. She's one of the show's producers. And this is Eric, the director." Her expression changed for just a brief second in warning, so foolishly, Alex moved close to Samantha and shook their hands.

"Hi, Alyssa," he greeted. "Pleasure, Eric."

"Hello," they both replied with smiles. Her face was average but her lips were plump from obvious injections, and he looked to be in his late twenties, with dyed brown hair.

Alex wrapped his arm around Samantha's waist for show and she instantly rested her head on his shoulder. "You look beautiful," he whispered loud enough for Alyssa and Eric to hear. After all, it definitely wasn't a lie. Sam responded warmly, wrapping her arms around his waist so that she could hoist herself up into his lap.

He swallowed thickly at his best friend's bold action, trying to ignore the fact that it felt so incredible to be this close to her, but he had to constantly remind himself that none of this was real, that this was for college money. But, damn, was it hard to differentiate reality from fantasy, especially when she was leaning close to him with that heavy look in her beautiful, brown eyes. Then, her cheek was pressed against his, and he could smell the intoxicating scent of her vanilla shampoo wafting through the air. He closed his eyes for just a moment. Could they just stay like this forever?