El tango del amor

With every love you have there is a dancer, one, two or three. There will always be a dancer. Even if it's just you. A girl dances with partner after partner. One by one they dance with me. Getting to know her moves. Her darkest secrets. 

First dancer was Jed. A local play boy. She had taken his hand in love. Slowly dancing for they where both scared and unaware of what the future will hold. With ever swift more he made, she fell for him more and more. Util the dance broke off and he moved on to another girl. 

Next was Chris, the boy had his way with her heart. But he was the unaware one in this dance.  She had to lead. With every step they took it tore her down more and more for he didn't understand the form of the dance. 

Then Joe. He was an okay dancer. Better then the last two. A boy how understood the dance. "I'll lead the way" He said. She gave a smile for he knew the ways of the dance. She felt whole for once. He had danced with her for a while. Making her feel so safe. That was, until the dance turned on them. 

Next was Heather.  A new but fast learner. She dance with the other girl so smoothly. For the longest time the two of them felt so safe, so real. Learning everything about one another. More slowly and picking up speed. Learning everything about one another. But slowly. There dance turned dark like the others. 

The girl took a seat. Not wanting to dance any longer. Her friends had tried to get her to dance with them but she just said "No thanks" She was tired and beaten down so hard. She felt as if no one could get her to dance once more. She play around with lover after lover. But no one felt right. Not ever the boy she thought might have worked but it never does. 

Until one girl walked onto the dance floor. It was as if time had stopped. She was the last dancer that the girl wanted to dance with. But she kept her distance from the other girl. Hours felt like years. But suddenly.  "Umm...E-Excuse me..." He girl looked up from her seat to see the girl. "May I have this dance?" A slow song was playing,  'Iris' it was performed by Lizz Robinett.  "O-Of course" She said wanting to give the dance one last shot. The girl took her with soft, clam, caring hand. She felt safe more then she has in a long time. With slow movements, she slowly fell for her. Slowly getting to know her more then she had known anyone. The dance was so lovely that the other dancers stopped to watch them. For the girl, it was as if dancing on clouds. With soft smiles, and laughs. She felt at peace, at home. She wished for the dance to go on for ever. But...as the others, the song ended. The girl slowly fell back down in the seat she once took and watched the girl move on to dance with someone new. 

She was so...amazing...She still is. I think I finally fell for the last time. 

With that, the girl stood in the shadows away from the other dancers and watched the girl dance. The one dancer that will always hold her heart no matter what.