Chapter -9- Plan/Phase 1

I woke up in my warm bed that I really didn't want to leave. However I told Joey I would go to church with him since I was healthier now. So I eventually got up out of bed and scurried to my closet with the blanket still wrapped around my shoulders. I decided to wear some black skinny jeans, a white tank top, and a light plaid sweater to go over my shoulders. I put on some light pink lip stick and kept my hair down with it being a little wavy at the ends. I grabbed my small black purse and headed for the kitchen. I sat down and prepared some toast. As it was toasting I went through all my mail. I got an image from my brother, it was him and his daughter. I missed them so much and I wish I could see them this year. I have longed for a family like this for years but the universe doesn't seem to like that idea. I found myself tearing up at the picture and kept my head in my hands. 'Why do I have to loose the most important people in the world to me at the worst times!' I mentally screamed. Just as my toast popped up  heard my doorbell ring. I quickly wiped away my tears and checked myself in a nearby mirror. My eyes were red. Great, just what I need. I slowly opened the door hoping Joey wouldn't notice. Of course he did. But he said nothing and just pulled my waist inwards and wrapped his long arms around me. He didn't know what was going on but still stayed around me. Through all of this, he was here. 'Why?' I thought to myself but it was pushed out as he moved his head to the top of mine. He gave me a gentle kiss on my forehead and continued to rub my back. 
          "Do you still want to go to church? We can stay home." He asked wiping my tears away. I slowly nodded and gave him a half smile. 
          "Are you sure?" I gave him another nod and we headed for the car. 
          I hopped in the seat without pain this time. We put on some quite music and I starred out the window. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him move his hand, he grabbed mine and rested it in his. He gave me a tight squeeze to let me know he was there. I smiled and turned my head towards him. My smile slowly faded into a questioning look.

          "How and why are you still here, helping me. Someone like you shouldn't be occupied with someone like me. I'm a waste of your time. But how are you still here. Everyone in my life besides my brother is gone, they left me, why haven't you?" I hadn't meant for all of it to come out but there was no return. He turned to me with a shocked expression. He pulled into a nearby gas station and parked the car to talk.

           "(Y/n) why would you ever say that you are a waste of time? You are what I look forward to seeing. And how do I stay with you? That's easy, you make me happy, I'm not here to pity you, I'm here for you. Not for myself. I really care about you and you are so unique that I can't let you go." He raised our hands and kissed the back of mine. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach, which was from my overwhelming urge to burst out into cries of happiness, and my cheeks were flushed with joy. I didn't realize until now that I was crying. They were happy tears now. We continued to drive once I calmed down. Luckily we got to church on time, and we took our seats. We would have sat by Joey's parents but they couldn't make it. Joey held my hand the entire service for comfort around so many people. Every now and then I would get weird vibes from him. I couldn't tell if they were good or bad. I haven't had a relationship in a while so I wouldn't know my own feelings. I think they are good. But I'm not completely sure yet.
          After church Joey and I went to get some lunch. We walked into Chipotle, ordered our food and took a seat. I sat across from Joey and ate my food silently. 

(Joey's POV) 

          I decided to spark a conversation with her since she seemed down. I wasn't sure why she was upset but whatever it was I was going to be here for her.

          "So do you have any plans for Christmas?" She slowly brought her head up from her food. 

"Umm, actually no, my brother and I aren't able to see each other and I really don't have any family." She looked upset but she moved her head away to sip her soda.