T H R E E

Hermiones POV

I walked into the grand hall with everyone else. At the front in front of the teachers table was a stool with a battered old hat.

Ok first up

The professor called.

Hermione Granger.

Oh no this can't be good. I took a deep breath in and I stepped up to the hat. I stepped up and sat on the stool. The hat was placed on my head. I suddenly heard a voice. The hat was speaking to itself.  

I see great things in you. Hmmmm. Yes I do indeed. But you are muggle born. Mmmm. Never mind that.

I heard it say. Oh no this can't be good. And this time he was talking out loud.

SLYTHRIN

It called. The table I am guessing is the slythrin table erupted in applause. I sat down and joined them.

Draco POV

Hermione was called up. Then Harry did. Then Ron. Then Susan. Finally I was called up. I sat on the stool and the hat was placed on my head. The hat didn't say much.

Ahhh. A Malfoy. You are way to easy.

Then he yelled out.

SLYTHRIN.

I smiled. I knew I would be in the best house. The table erupted into applause just like it did to Hermione. I went and sat next to her.

Congrats. This is the best house.

I said to her. She nodded.

Well I will have to listen to you then because I have no idea what this house is like.

She said to me. I got worried then. Was she a mud blood!?

You're not muggle born are you?

I asked. She froze for a second then shook her head. She suddenly looked disgusted.

NO! My family have been always put into Griffendor that's all.

She answered me. I sighed. I turned back to the front because Dumbledore had started speaking. I heated her sigh. So she is muggle born then. I smirked. I won't let her forget that she was put into the wrong house. I turned to Pansy.

Hey Pansy. The girl next to me is.... is....

I just couldn't say it. I couldn't hurt Hermione. I don't know why but I felt like I had to keep her safe.

What about the girl sitting next to you Draco

I hear Pansy asks me.

Uhhh.... she was the girl....... that asked to sit with us remember on the train?

I said. Pansy looked at me oddly then turned away from me. Great I was in trouble. I turned back to Hermione.

Don't worry I will teach you everything about Slythrin.

I said to her. I thought for a minute. I leaned into her and whispered in her ear.

I know you are muggle born but your secret is safe with me.

I said. She paled but nodded. I turned back to my food. I could see she was still staring at me. I turned to look at her and she quickly turned her head away from me and to her food.

An: I am now making parts for each year so part one part two and so on. This is part one for year one. When I say part one over it is moving on to year two and in the chapters it is only important events like the troll and things like that. Don't forget to vote and let me know if I need to change anything and I have trouble spelling some houses and professors names so forgive me