Chapter 1- Locked Out

I sat on a large plant pot. It was a massive ceramic one that had nothing in it other than compacted soil and pebbles. There were two of them on the rooftop, the one I was sat on and the one that I had propped open the door with. 

I was on my second cigarette. My first sat crushed on the floor under my boot. I wrapped my jacket tighter around myself. The air slapped into me, cold and icy blowing my hair slightly.

"Can you pass me a lighter?" I jumped slightly at the sudden deep voice.

I turned to see two men on the roof. One was facing away from me looking at the skyline, in his hand he held a small leatherbound notebook, he was shivering slightly in the wind. The other man was facing me, he was older than the other man, he tilted his head in questioning. I muttered "yes" and pulled out my lighter and gave it to him.

It took him two attempts to light his cigarette. I looked towards the other man who was sitting on the edge of the building. He still had his back facing towards me, so I couldn't make out anything about him. I could no longer see his book, but I could see the trail of white earphone wires winding up towards his blond hair- the slight waves flew in the air as he pulled his hand upwards to smooth it back and place down a beanie. I turned back to the second man and smiled as he handed me back the lighter. Slowly he turned and walked up to the edge of the roof, joining the other man. 

"Thinking of jumping?" 

"Fuck off hyung."

Closing my eyes I turned my head away from the men, listening to the wind and taking another drag from my cigarette. On the roof of the building, the sounds of traffic and people were drowned out. A silent buzz of life ebbed upwards. If I was standing next to the two men looking down I would see the city life, the people walking on the streets, the cars. No shadows were cast on the ground. Clouds covered the sun but it wasn't dark, it probably meant that it would start to rain as the air also felt heavy. My eyes felt heavy like I was being dragged downwards. I was really tired, if it wasn't so cold I would have fallen asleep in the stupid plant pot I was sat on.

The sudden shrill ring of a phone dragged me from my daydream. 

"Shit Yoongi, I'm going to have to go, the boss is calling I need to sort out paperwork," I looked up as the older guy flicked his cigarette over the rooftop and turned to leave waving his hand slightly. "I shouldn't really leave you up here but I need you to write that god damned song by tomorrow. Fighting!"

The other guy smiled and rolled his eyes slightly, I noticed he wasn't just leaning over the edge but using it as a table to write in his notebook. My attention was torn away from him when I heard a loud slam.

"No!" 

Yelling I ran to the door. I slammed my fist on it, again and again, trying to get the mans attention. 

"Hello!" but it was no use he had gone.

"What the hell are you doing just open the door." slowly I turned to see notebook frowning at me. 

"It doesn't open from the outside."