Chapter One

My name is Brooklyn Conner. I'm 17 and I live in a small suburban neighborhood. I live with my parents and my brother Nick. I love where I live, there's only one thing I hate about it. I am neighbors to the schools Bad Boy.

He's popular, captain of his football team, mean, and a bit too full of himself. And here I am the schools looser Brooklyn Conner. I forgot to mention his name, it's Reece Carter. Ever since I was in kindergarten he made fun of me and here I am today an 11th grader and he's still at it.

I remember the first day of kindergarten I had pigtails and was wearing a pink flowery dress. He made fun of my dress and hair in front of all of my friends and his friends and then he pushed me into a mud puddle. (a classic)

It's 3 months until school is out. I can't wait, that means I'll be mostly out out of my misery of being made fun of in front of everyone. But sadly I'm still stuck with Reese because he's my neighbor.

It's Monday, I wake up to my alarm going off playing Mercy from Shawn Mendes. I groan as I sit up and rub my eyes. I get out of bed and take a nice but quick warm shower. When I'm out I dry my hair quickly and put on my Shawn Mendes sweatshirt and throw on my bootcut jeans along with my black and white converse.

I grab my phone and check the time. "Crap it can't be 7:30 I have to be at school in 10 minuets!" I scream as I grab my books and run out the door. Thankfully when I get to my driveway my friend Alice is there in her red Mustang "Thought you might be late" she pauses and laughs "as you almost always are. Here get in." She says and I laugh "Thanks Alice I don't know what I would do without you." I say. She just laughs and pulls out of my driveway. By car I only live 2 minuets away which is great because I got to school in time. But, when I walk to school it takes about 10 minuets.

Me and Alice have Biology and Algebra together which is both our first and second periods. I go to my locker and put away my History binder but keep out my algebra binder.

"So do you think Luke is going to ask you to prom?" I ask. "Luke? No probably not, I think he's going to ask Ava." She says with a small frown. "But she's just a snobby little baby that's scared of her own shadow." I said frustrated. Ava is popular she's the head cheerleader, and is madly in love with Reece. But Luke is nice, popular, but doesn't judge people like all the other snobs, he's a quarterback, and most importantly he's the one that Alice needs he definitely doesn't need Ava.

We both shrug and shut our lockers. We are now heading down the hall to our classes and as we turn the corner I run into something. "Look who we have here it's Brooklyn the school looser." I look up and surprisingly it's not Reece but his friend Jax. "Shut up Jax!" Alice yells. "That's so funny you know, trying to help your pathetic friend Brooklyn?" He says with an evil laugh. "She's not pathetic she just hates you and your stuck up friends." She says back. "Alice lets just go." I push past Jax and grab Alice's arm and pull her in my direction. "Hey!" Jax yells as he grabs my wrist and pulls me back to face him. "I'm not done talking to you." He says "Well I'm done talking to you!" I say as I clench my jaw in frustration. By now everyone in the hallway is looking.

"Everyone stop staring I swear if you don't your all going to pay!" He yells for everyone to hear. That made everyone stop. "Now as I was trying to say before your friend tried interfere with my conversation is that you should seriously watch out where your going. I hate you and you hate me. Your ugly and...." He didn't get to finish when someone placed an hand on my shoulder and pulled me back away from Jax's  grip. "Jax leave her alone. Your the pathetic ugly one." I turn my head and see Luke standing behind me.

I look up and him and he smiles at me. I look back at Jax who looks like he's speechless he's just standing there staring at Luke. "Now go on your going to be late for class, and I better never see you doing this again" Jax snickers  turns around and walks off. "Thanks Luke you didn't have to do that, I had it."You did not have it you were standing there looking like you just heard a dog talk." He laughs. "I did hear a dog talk a stupid ugly one." Luke responds with a chuckle, pats my shoulder and then walks off.

"Well that could have been worse Brooklyn, I'm just happy Luke helped you." "Yeah I know it could've gotten worse Alice but why out of all people Luke tries to help me?" I question.  "Maybe he likes you." Alice replies with a sad look on her face. I give her a shoulder bump and say "No Alice don't be crazy he likes you he only did that to probably impress you." A small smile appears in her face but then she frowns again "But he can't like me Brooklyn I'm a looser and he's a popular boy that probably already has a popular girlfriend." I smile "then why does he hang around so much like lunch, study hall, gym, and in the halls, he likes you Alice I know he does." Once again her smile returns and it stays there the rest of the Biology and Algebra.

Hi guys I really hoped you enjoyed this, comment if you did and vote I would really like that. I will update as soon as possible.

                   Thanks!! 😊