Chapter 1: Phone Calls

Hey guys,

Before you start reading, I'd like to clarify that this is purely fiction and none of the characters are actually existent. However, some of the characters, have a few traits inspired by some of the people I know. Also some of the instances, not the plot, but the instances and scenes were modified and written to bring humor into the story.

This is my first attempt at writing a book, and I chose the topic because I thought people need to know about it, not because it happened to me or someone I know. I've done my share of research on the online chatrooms, and made some of it up.

Also, it is NOT a romance. Even though there's tension between the characters, it is NOT a romance. And it is definitely not student/teacher, though it might seem like that at first.

So, if you choose to read on, I'd love it if you'd tell me how I could improve it.

PLEASE READ: This book is undergoing editing, grammar wise and content wise. I sort of Indian-ized it. I felt it would be easier for me to write in a setting I am familiar with than writing in a setting I know little about. So if you see name differences through the chapters, let me know if I missed somewhere. The dialogues are also going to get modified to third person. Also, I'll put the edited chapters in *stars* like I did in this chapter and an (E) next to the chapters that have been edited both into third person and other changes.

I regret the inconvienience caused.

Thank you.

**All rights reserved**

_____________________________

Tears were streaming down her face uncontrollably. Shivers of terror were running through her body with every word he spoke. It was almost as if his voice commanded the terror that coursed through every vein in her body.

"Alina, I'm going to find you. No more running, I'm having a hard time resisting you." His gruff voice was evident through the phone. The sound of his voice always succeeded in sucking the little ray of hope which lingered in her mind that she'd be able to get away from him.

Regret. That was the emotion that she had been feeling lately. She regretted the day she first spoke to him, wishing she could travel through time and undo her meeting with him.

"Is this a game for you?" Alina cried into the phone hoping he'd soften a little. But who was she kidding? "Please leave me alone.." She pleaded, but his laughter replaced her voice and echoed through the phone making her queasy.

She had always wanted her life to be adventurous and memorable. That wish of hers was what made her enter a chat room. An Online chat room - A place for people to meet new people, mostly either when they are bored or when they are in dire need of someone to talk to. For Alina, it was the second. She has friends, yes, but none she felt she could confide in - mostly due to her own reservations.

She was told stories about two strangers meeting online and becoming friends for life or even falling in love. That had seemed like a fairy-tale love which clouded her mind with unrealistic ideas. That's how she pictured it - meeting one person who was 'worth it'. Someone with whom she could share everything with and be herself. But wrapped in her world of fantasies and fairy tales, she ignored all the precautions that she had vowed to take when she exposed herself to the online world. There are unsaid safety measures which people have to figure out themselves before going online. Those safety measure might be one's own boundaries or precautions some people warn about.