Chapter 2: Moon Shine

“Let’s see, Let’s see.” 

I gripped my mouse with sweaty hands as I increased my breathing. I focused my eye sight on a very tight opening between the doors. Behind those doors, if I assume that our enemies are following my prediction, then behind those doors at least four counter terrorist would come out leaving their last remaining teammate on Bombsite A. I am sure they wont come out. The enemies want to play it safe. 

[TB] Poseidon killed [SS] Alcoh0l

Bomb has been dropped. 

As I shifted my eyes on the score screen confirming the death of Rob aka Alcoh0l, I immediately enhanced my vision. Now the counter terrorist will go to bombsite B. This is what I've been waiting fore. It all depends here. My skill. It depends in my click of my mouse to disrupt the flow of the game.

This is where I truly shine. [ Moon Sight ] is the term I used for my enhanced capability. On the influence of Moon Sight, my peripheral vision increases by ten folds and time seems to slow down. That was a vague way of an explanation. Time doesn’t seem to slow down but it looks like to me that way. The cranial nerve number 2 that carries the messages from the eye to the brain travels so fast in me than normal people that it gives my brain more time to react and make better decision. This is one of the effect of Moon Sight. 

*Click*

[SS] Acropyre killed [TB] Nyctash. AWP – Headshot 

The crowd goes wild as a shot from that angle needs extreme precision. No time to rejoice, four more people and victory is ours. 

*Click*

[SS] Acropyre killed [TB] Yuu. AWP – Headshot 

*Click* 

---- !! The loud AWP magnum sniper rifle releases its bullets. 

[TB] Vash 20 Health 40 Armor 

I missed. This is impossible. I saw him jumped over the door. I get now. It was not my Moon Sight deteriorating, it was my reflexes in my hand not compensating. What good eye sight that my right hand index finger can not compensate. I let an enemy go. 

Down at my lower left screen I saw my health moving. It seems like I didn’t let my enemies go but instead [TB] Poseidon who killed Rob at Bombsite A went around me to the Terrorist spawn and made a ninja attack from behind. 

I can still make it. I still have health. I ran away from T spawn as Poseidon pursues me using M4A1 carbine. Even with my enhance sight, I still can’t evade these bullets. I can only assume where they aim at by looking where the enemy is pointing his gun. This is not enough but I can still buy time. 

Fire in the hole. 

I threw a smoke. This will slow him down even if a bit. I will camp in this corner waiting for him to show his back. It is a coward move but I did not have much choice. Two or few more M4A1 carbine hits and I am dead. 

Requesting back up. T Spawn. Over. 

Roger that. 

Our bombsite B formation crumbled. The remaining two counter terrorist made a brilliant move. One waited at the B hole entrance ducking while the other one who is currently wounded threw the flashbang. 

[TB] Sonicc killed [SS] KD: M4A1 Carbine. 

The counter terrorist in the B hole quickly killed Kate who was hiding behind back of B. 

[TB] Vash killed [SS] Iew: UMP - Headshot 

The wounded guy who I almost killed using AWP made a comeback. While still in the effect of the flashbang Vash killed Kem aka Iew. I still wonder how he made that shot. Did he predicted that Kem was going to be hiding behind the car in bombsite B. Was our formation really that predictable ? It is too late now. I broke my team's formation by requesting back up. Even if [SS] Sjack goes back to bombsite B, it would not matter because it is essentially two versus one. 

Sjack was overraged. He was fueled by revenge. His emotion took over and quickly attempted a suicide attack. 

“ No. Jack, instead of avenging and taking over Bombsite B again, why don’t you just give me backup over here. Smokescreen is going to run out. “ 

Sjack didn’t listed. 

[TB] Sonicc killed [SS] Sjack. M4A1 Carbine. 

I am now hiding in the tunnels. It is three against one. I am not sure how I can win this but somehow I’ll try. The one who was chasing me wasn’t fool enough to go out of the smokescreen. He knows that I am going to pin him down once he shows his back. He knows I am camping.

I laughed hysterically. Did he somehow knew that I was going to place a bait over bombsite A and lead them astray. Why did he took the bait if the knows it was a bait. I laughed hysterically again. This is classic. The enemy knew I was going to bait them that is why they took the bait and made a new plan, that was their bait. In the end, I was played. I thought I was two steps ahead of them. They were four steps further than me instead. I underestimated them. As I thought, This was indeed the grand finals after all.

With my Moon Shine still in effect, I saw an enemy running from the entrance of the tunnel. I knew that he saw me but I was quicker to react. I have my precious ability after all. I threw a grenade ending Vash’s life but he also ended mine. 

[TB] Vash killed [SS] Acropyre. UMP – Headshot.

[SS] Acropyre killed [TB] Vash. Grenade. 

Cybercafe LAN Tournament 2014 for Counter Strike Source had ended. The [ Twilight Breakers ] defeated the [ Spades ].

" The Twilight Breakers ehhh "

We will see each other next week. At the DotA tournament.