Chapter Sixteen

A WORLD APART

Today was the day James was leaving, I picked him up at his hotel and drove where his private jet was.

"I can't believe you have your own private jet." I said in disbelief.

"Being the son of a powerful business man have its own advantage." James told me.

"Are you excited?" I asked.

"Kind of. I'm going to miss you."

"I'll miss you too."

"You can still come." He said, taking hold of my hand. "I'll buy you everything you need."

"Aww." I awed. "Thanks, but classes start tomorrow."

"Good luck with everything." He wished me luck.

"Thank you." I thanked him and kissed him softly on the lips. "Good luck."

"We'll meet again."James said.

"When will that be?" I asked him. He put his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Soon." He said and kissed me. I kissed him back with so much passion, he returned the passion.

"Sir, we are ready for departure." Someone said. James broke away from the gaze and met my gaze.

"I have to go." He said.

"I know."

"We'll meet again."

"We'll meet again." I repeated.

                                                                                                  0000

It has been three months and a couple of days since James left, We have talked a lot on the phone, skyped, and did other types of communication. My birthday was coming up tomorrow, I would be twenty-three.

I was very excited for my birthday, James was not going to make it, that was okay, I understood.

"Are you excited for your birthday?" Nina asked.

"I guess."

"You are going to be so happy, tomorrow." Nina said. I looked at her, something was going on.

"What's going on, tomorrow?" I asked her.

"Your birthday, obviously." 

"Besides that."

"Umm, nothing really." 

"If you say so."

I woke up by my alarm clock, I turned it off, threw the covers off of me and froze.

"James." I gasped.

"Happy birthday." He said and took a picture of me with his phone. There are times when I would have cared, but today I didn't. I got out of bed, ran toward him, and gave him a hug. He hugged me back.

"You're here." I gasped.

"You are my girlfriend, there was no way that I was going to miss your birthday."

"We meet again." I said, laughing.

"We meet again." He repeated. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too." I admitted.

My birthday party was amazing, I didn't drink anything with alcohol because I wanted to remember every detail of the night. James and I had a lot of fun together, we made out a lot. We were in the middle of an intense makeout session when my mom interrupted us.