N I N E

It didn't take much to convince Kane, all it took was one look at the little girl and the vampire was convinced

It didn't take much to convince Kane, all it took was one look at the little girl and the vampire was convinced. Of course Renessme was adamant he saw what everyone else could so he playfully accepted.

"Wow, that girls just like her aunt, stubborn as hell." He joked, standing and looking towards Alessia with a wink as she laughed and shoved him.

Jacob was standing next to her and he laughed as well, taking Alessia's hand into his own. He'd been slowly releasing any anger or jealousy he felt towards the vampire as every time Alessia looked at Kane there was nothing but a platonic bond between them. Jake was curious about one thing though, "so man, what can you do?"

Alessia and Kane shared a look then, both raising brows and a smirk growing on their lips as more of their friends arrived.

"Oh Jacob, I don't think it's wise to ask that question." Kate Denali said as she stood with her sister and a nomad known as Garrett.

"What's that suppose to mean?" He retorted. His gaze flickered towards Bella who was picking her child up and shrugged her shoulders, she was as clueless as he was.

"These two and Edward, well lets just say they were more on the reckless side in the thirties." Garrett spoke up, pointing towards Kane and Alessia. "He was like the missing link to them."

Alessia sighed, tilting her head in Jacobs direction. "You honestly don't want to know."

"Try me." Jacob scoffed, a challenging look towards Kane.

The vampires around them laughed lowly, Alessia sighing and stepping out of the way. Her eyes turned towards Kane with a threatening glare. "If there's any permanent damage I swear..."

"Promise, don't want a repeat of the 90's," he muttered with lifted hands.

She nodded, tapping her foot on the ground as Jacob awaited the pain. Alessia bit her bottom lip, she was all too familiar with Kane's powers and not because she had experienced them firsthand but because she had been by his side, laughing as he had induced pain to those they deemed fit. In the forties, when her and Edward had abandoned the ways of Carlisle they'd come across Kane. He was so innocent then, a newborn like them but so eager to learn. They'd taken him under their wings and together wrecked havoc, the three slaughtered the humans who were as much monsters as they were. Alessia could still taste the sense of power that coursed through her veins day and night, the way every step she took was like thunder encompassing the street and her smirk was as deadly as poison.

Of course, they'd come to their senses within a slow decade and thankfully managed to recover. Carlisle took them back in, showed Kane the ways of their own and had come full circle.

Now Alessia sucked in a deep breath, finding her brother next to her, his honey eyes finding her own as they shared with Kane that flash to the past once more.