I

The winter evening settles down

He rubbed his palms one against the other.

Even though wearing warm woolen gloves, they were still cold.

Maybe not just the weather, but also that something specific in mind bothering him.

She was back, and he knew.

With smell of steaks in passageways.

Six o'clock.

He could smell steaks, and knew for sure, Kyungsoo hyung and Chanyeol hyung would be both in the kitchen, preparing steaks for them all.

Six o'clock was the very exact timing.

He thought he'd be back around six, but not that on time.

Which was indeed, a surprise.

The burnt-out ends of smoky days.

"Jongin ah, you're back!" Jongdae hyung rushed towards him for a warm and welcoming hug.

Wasn't it just nice to be back?

Yes it was.

After a long and tiring day.

Maybe it wasn't that physically tiring, but he hadn't been himself ever since he heard about her - again.

When Sehun had this random conversation with him a few days ago.

"So you know Hwang Jeonghye is back, right?"

He smirked at the maknae. "Yeah, and why do you even come back to the dorm tonight? Shouldn't you enjoy your time with her and make up for those years you guys missed?"

Well, the maknae didn't look too pleased. "Well, what I was going to say was, I went earlier tonight. And Hae Ryeoli got here a few days ago, as well."

It was his turn to frown.

And now a gusty shower wraps

The grimy scraps

Of withered leaves about your feet

And newspapers from vacant lots

Dry and fallen leaves of last season were still around, flying in the wind.

Getting in your way, and getting on your nerves when  you clearly weren't in a best mood to enjoy this scenery.

And newspapers, still filled with news of Kaistal.

That was still overwhelming af, and you supposed you were sick of seeing newspapers at that point, as well.

You loved Soojung a lot.

But Hae Ryeoli was just something from your past that you couldn't quite forget.

Like how this city would still have leaves from the previous season.

Though, you thought,

That might have been different.

Because Hae Ryeoli was from too long ago.

You wasn't even sure if you could still remember the past of your two, but you were just so certain that was there.

The showers beat

On broken blinds and chimney pots

"It's raining now." Jongdae's sigh brought the boy back to the scene. "Sehun better get here soon, so he won't get soaking wet in the rain."

"He's coming back tonight?" Jongin was clearly dazed.

He grabbed his coat and headed outside again.

"Jongin ah, where are you going?" the hyungs called after him, but he didn't reply.

Just a quick and quiet walk outside, he thought.

Some districts not far away were quite rundown, with broken blinds and chimney pots.

He might have liked it - hearing rain hitting any surface.

Even though he would've liked it better just listening to rain indoor, but that experience wasn't too bad, either.

And at the corner of the street

A lonely cab-horse steams and stamps

A cab, and then the sound of rain water splashing.

Sound of people opening and closing the doors.

Rants about rain and laughter of quality times of people in groups.

Little could he see from that corner, but he could hear.

Sehunnie's voice, and that kid finally being home.

Hwang Jeonghye, who he met up with not that long ago, either.

And.

Hae Ryeoli.

And then the lighting of the lamps.

The street lamps shone, not so bright but clear enough for him to see.

Until the three all headed inside.

And he should go back, as well.

========================

demand for vomments, as always 

and yes as i said in the description this whole story is again dedicated to Awesomest_elephant    :>

LH

2016/12/28