Chapter 1

Walking into that airport was one of the hardest things I had to do by far. The thought of leaving everything behind was killing me inside, but sadly it wasn't easy for me to voice that out. As usual, I sucked things up and pretended that nothing around me phased me.

I took a deep breath and continued listening to the sound of my parents, sister, and grandmother's voice. Them talking just sounded fuzzy to me, I was lost in my own thoughts trying to figure things out in my head. I was trying to find last-minute solutions like maybe a rich man would spot me right before I boarded the plane and demanded my hand in marriage right there. At that very second, all of my family's problems would just vanish and nothing would have to change. Well, except for the fact I would be married to a man twice my age and somehow I would have to bear his children, but I guess I could work around that. Suddenly, the sound of my mom's voice brought me back to reality.

"You ready for your flight, kiddo?" she said as she looked at me with sad eyes. I just responded with a gentle nod and walked forward towards the gate, not wanting to deal with the sad goodbyes and tears. I soon heard my grandmother and sisters' voices behind me, and soon the sound of suitcases rolling along behind them. I could feel the stares of my two parents. It was an aura of sadness. I refused to turn around not wanting to see their faces fearing I would cry. If I did so, I just walked and waited for them to catch up.

"You guys are gonna love Utah!" My grandma said quite enthusiastically.

I just nodded my head not really paying attention and I just continued to walk. The distant rumbling soon stopped when I saw the planes outside. Everything then hit me at once, my tears flowed out like a river. I didn't realize they were coming out until I heard my sister's worried voice bring me out of my lost state. 

"It's gonna be okay Rose, I promise. I know it's hard but we can do this." I looked down at her and I gave her a pat on the head.

"I know. It's just hurting, that's all."
She nodded her head in response. She had an expression on her face as if she was deciphering everything happening through her 10-year-old brain. I smiled at her wiping my tears away. 
"Well come on, we have a plane to catch."     Little did I know that after that plane ride, my whole life would change. At that very moment, that memory would be the very last normal thing I'll ever remember.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note!

Hello, my name Maggie or also known as punkyle call me either one! this is my first story so please leave some comments on how to improve or anything you would like added to the story! I can't promise I'll add or edit everything but I'll do my best!

-Maggie AKA punkyle