A Deal

Finally! Took me long enough to slip away from that old nut case. I suppose I should introduce myself, though I'm also not sure if this is even a book. My name is Marcie, and I'm a mortal. You see all the heroes, all the characters, all that stuff, you haven't seen me. In this world you're plot relevant, or you're nothing. I've been researching this story for quite some time and against my father's advice I'm going to become plot relevant.

I've heard rumors that a Christmas special is being written. Something about Reaper being murdered or something found it in the author's notes. No confirmation it's canon, so I'm basically just working off rumors.

Anyways, last I checked the Reaper was fine. Nothing seemed amiss. However, maybe that was the problem. Ever since we came down here, since the era of Peace ended, Reaper has been only training. The fact that I actually showed up to the festival for more than five minutes is amazing.

Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait for another plot line.

"Now now," a voice speaks, "I wouldn't give up so easily."

A man in a cloak approaches.

"Wanna be plot relevant?" He asks.

"Of course," I reply.

"Then listen closely," the man explains, "I'm from a world of scrapped and forgotten characters. My goal is to bring them here. You help me, by the end of this book, you'll be more than relevant, you'll be a hero. The savior of the scrapped. What do you say?"

"What's the catch?" I ask.

"If things go wrong," the man explains, "then... I actually don't know. I don't know your life is like. So, are you just going to assume that there would be some sort of consequence. Here's the deal, I'll call on you in the Valentine's Day special. We'll if you chapters in this book, and then back to the main special to wrap up this arc. Sounds good?"

"Sure," I reply, remembering that my dad's gonna lose his shit if he finds out about this, "I just have one question, who are you?"

"I am everyone," the man expains, "I am no one. I am the Nameless, and now, this chapter should end right about... Here!"

Nameless disappears. Guess if this does become a book, this would be a good place to end the chapter.