False Accusations

I go to the comedy club. Dream Reaper waits for me on the stage.

Dream Reaper. Of the three versions of Reaper, he is the least important. Not because he can't, but because he doesn't want to be very important. He's decided to focus on living his life and his career as a comedian rather than prepare for the war. He has no intention of getting involved, not until he weighs all his options.

"Is it true?" He asks.

"Yes," I reply, "Marcie is Antihero."

Dream Reaper grips his scythe. "Bring her here," Dream Reaper demands, "as much as I'm sick of the plot we can't leave someone as dangerous as Antihero running about."

"How should I do that?" I inquire.

"I don't know what your relationship is like," Dream explains, "but the club is having a date night thing tonight. Seasonal jokes, that sort of deal. Maybe two birds with one stone, maybe it'll be awkward, but either way, it doesn't matter. Cause... yeah."

Hm, well if I have to kill her and turn her in to Reaper Classic anyways, I guess it couldn't hurt, but then again... no. I can't do it. I'll ask as someone else.

"I'll take care of it," I reply, my physical form that I borrowed from a mortal starting to flicker, "see ya Dream." I leave to do what must be done...

Where is Nameless? I've been looking for him all day. I stole a notebook from my father and found that on Febuary 12th, he will attack Nameless. I have to warn him. He's in danger.

"Hey," a voice greets. Pestilence stands behind me.

"Hey," I reply, "Have you seen Nameless? I need to speak to him."

Why is she looking for me? I consider revealing that it's me under this facade of Pestilence, but I can't risk it. She may be planning to erase me.

"I think he said he was headed to Funny Dreams, the comedy club owned by Dream Reaper. There's some thing going on tonight. Something for Valentine's Day, but a little early. I say, go there and speak to him then. Cause he's basically impossible to track. Like, you won't find him if he doesn't want to be found."

"OK fine," Marcie sighs, "If you do happen across him, tell him I'll be there."

I walk off. Funny Dreams? Why would he be there? It's a romantic thing going on and its not like he has anyone to go... nooooooo.

Noooooooo.

Seriously? Wow, real roundabout way for Nameless to ask me out. Ah well, I don't see why not. I'll give him a chance. Also, it explains the whole ordeal in the coffee shop. I wonder what form he's gonna take?

Wait, was Pestilence actually Nameless? Damn, must be pretty  shy. That's cute. Although, I don't think this is gonna go anywhere. As I said, I just need to become plot relevant and stop my father. He's completely genocidal. I have to stop him.

Funny Dreams I believe it was, and the show's at seven from the posters I've seen around town. Guess I should start preparing for my (I guess) date.

"It's done," I explain to Dream Reaper, walking in, my form already fading.

"Good," Dream Reaper replies, "we don't wanna cause a riot so we'll handle this ourselves."

I sigh. I really thought that me and Marcie, that could have gone somewhere, but I guess not...

Guess I'll do a musical number. Why not? On to the next chapter.