Feels So Right (Harry Styles AU)

It all started the day I was at Jeremy's house. You see, Jeremy and I had been dating for around two weeks and he wanted me to come to dinner at his house and meet his family. I had agreed because I wanted to make him happy, but I was also slightly nervous because that was a big step and I wasn't even sure if I wanted to continue dating him. Don't get me wrong, Jeremy is handsome with his blonde-brown hair that he wore slightly quiffed up, his strong jaw, and vibrant green eyes, but there didn't seem to be the spark I craved between us. When we'd kiss, I didn't feel anything and I couldn't help but hope to find someone who could provide me with the rush I needed. Someone who could send chills through my body just by looking at me and could set my skin on fire just by the slightest touch. Jeremy is sweet and all, but I don't feel anything

I agreed anyway, knowing if I didn't that it would upset him. Jeremy was super sweet, but when he was upset it was kinda scary and I didn't want to create any unneeded conflict. I'd just go, have dinner with his family, and then go home, making some excuse about dance in the morning or something.

It was Friday that I'd agreed to come, and we'd planned on dinner at his house at around seven Saturday evening. It's currently 5:30 and I can't decide on what to wear and I haven't even started on my hair and makeup. I know I said I didn't like Jeremy, but I still wanted to impress his family. After deciding that his dad probably wouldn't hate me, I decided to dress how I would normally. I had a few outfits laid out on my bed, but chose a black overall dress with white flowers on it and a white long-sleeved crop top to go under it. Then I slipped on a pair of black lace up boot wedges, grabbed a jacket for the bitter winter weather, and placed my phone into the pocket. Then I moved into the bathroom to fix my hair and makeup. Applying light makeup to mainly even my skin tone and accent my brown eyes, I rushed through my routine. Quickly brushing through my hair, I pulled out a hair tie and did a loose side ponytail, leaving comes pieces out to frame my face. Looking in the mirror at myself, I saw that my eyeliner wings were uneven and that my hair seemed to be everywhere, but as I checked my phone I knew I didn't have time to fix it.

I headed out, yelling a good bye to my parents on the way out the door. I walked down the steps onto the sidewalk of Holmes-Chapel, the sharp winter wind enveloping me. I looked around at the trees, their bare branches swaying in the wind, some bending under the weight of the snow on their branches. I rushed down the sidewalk, quickly walking the two blocks it took to get to Jeremy's house.

I arrived at his house at about 7:35, not too late thank God. I stopped for a second to just look at the house. It looked nice from the outside, the windows casting a warm glow to the outside world. I took a big breath in, preparing myself for this, then walked up the steps and rang the doorbell. I heard a slight shuffling behind the door, then it opened to reveal Jeremy dressed in a pair of khakis and a light blue button up shirt, his hair quiffed up as usual.

He smiled and opened the door wider so I could come in. I stepped in and he pecked me on the cheek, "You look good, let me take your coat and then I'll show you around." I smiled and slipped out of my jacket and handing it to him.

"Oh, erm thank you. You too." I said, the last part as more of a question because really Jeremy always wore clothes like that and it wasn't anything new or different. He took my coat and walked away, leaving me to wander farther into the house. I heard the sounds of boiling water and a spoon being tapped on a bowl, knowing that was probably Jeremy's dad in the kitchen, but I also heard the faint tune of something familiar but at the moment unknown to me.

Jeremy reappeared and awkwardly stood in front of me. "So do you wanna see the house? Like I can show you around or something?"

"Let's go." I said, looking up at him. Even in my heels he was still a few inches taller. He started walking again, leading me through the house pointing out rooms. He showed me his living room, his dining room, and his kitchen, which were all located on the bottom floor. Then he led me up the stairs,explaining that all of the bedrooms were upstairs. He then took me to his dad's room and his room, explaining that his brother was in his room and wouldn't appreciate them looking into it. We stood in the middle of his room, it being slightly messy but appearing to look as if he'd cleaned for me to see it. His walls were a cream colour, with pictures on the wall, along with posters of bands he liked. His bed was in one corner with a burgundy comforter, and in another corner he had a desk with all of his school books and his laptop placed on it.

"Why haven't I heard of your brother before?" I asked quietly, still looking around

"After mum died a year ago, he moved out into his own flat and only comes on Saturdays for family dinner. We're not very close though. Sometimes he stays the night, but most of the time he goes home after dessert. You'll get to meet him tonight though."

🌙

Edited February 1, 2015

So this is the beginning, I'm going back and editing what I have so far and I'm trying to make it better. I'd love some feedback on it, considerations are super appreciated!!

dedicated to @thecurlsgotthisgirl b/c she's MaryClaire in the story!!