Prologue; In Hiding

• Dedicated to Fabu4597, oceanblues, LoveLikeWoe97, and SivanGalperin

I looked down at my lovely mate... Who was currently playing with her dolly on the floor of the abandoned nuclear bomb shelter...

I sighed.

How did I ever get into this mess?

Once, before she died, the red-headed little four year-old girl was a beautiful brunette sixteen year-old named Dawn. She was an Alpha female to her own pack and a Luna to mine. Now, my Dawn is in the cemetery, under the chilly earth, in an eternal slumber. The only thing that remains of her is her soul, that is now situated in a little girl named Madelyn, or Lynn for short. The same little girl who is playing with the little dolly.

The same little girl who still has claim to the pack without her realizing it.

The same little girl, with the same warm, chocolaty brown eyes which belonged to my mate, Dawn...

"Lynn?" I called her away from her doll. She looked up, smiling. Then, she left the doll on the hard, dirty floor and ran to me, hugging my legs. I patted her head as she squished her face into my thigh. "How are you?" I asked her.

"I missed you." She said simply, as if that should answer everything. I tried to smile, but I was sad beyond belief. Why?

Because I missed her too...

"I brought you some more supplies." I told her, lifting my free hand which held a plastic bag.

She frowned at me. "I don't want supplies; I want you." My heart thumped painfully in my chest. "I want you to stay."

"I can't, Lynn." I told her, wishing I could. "I'm the Alpha, remember?"

She still didn't lose hope. "Then let me come with you!" She begged.

I sighed. "I told you, you must stay, or else the bogeyman might be able to find you." I still remember when I first found her again. Her brown eyes were the only thing that told me I found my mate. She was hiding in a secret little hidey-hole. She saw her parents' dead corpses and heard their murderer searching for her. Her parents' murderer... My older brother, Alex.

I never liked him, and I even hated him when I found out he was dating her in her past life. She's MINE!!! And now that he found out she reincarnated, he's determined to get her back. I'm not sure if it's because he's in love with her, or if it's just because he wants to piss me off, but he's going after her, and I can't let him get her.

If I was too take her with me to the pack house, he would hear the news that my mate reincarnated and is there, and he would come for her; I can't allow that to happen.

Children are too impressionable, and if he were to get her...

Well, let's just say that even if I find her again, she'd hate me. Alex is a really good actor, not to mention his spying ability!

I'd never get her back.

He almost even convinced me to become evil before I knew who he was!

"I can't stay with you, and you can't come with me, or else you'll be in danger, understand?" I asked her softly, feeling an empty cavity deep in my heart.

She looked down dejectedly, nodding. "I understand."

I felt horrible, but this had to be done.

I got up and headed towards the door. "Wait!" She called. I turned around, going back onto one knee out of habit, and then she kissed me.

I blinked.

She actually kissed me...

On the lips.

She looked down again, but this time she did so in attempt to hide her own blush. "Bye bye." she said, and went back to her dolly.

I got up and left, not knowing that, that would be the last I'd see of her...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

So, I'm back with a sequel...

I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!!

It's dedicated to the first four people to ask for it, so thank you Fabu4597, oceanblues, LoveLikeWoe97, and SivanGalperin, for being awesome fans. ^-^