0.3

it was finally lunch time and the whole class headed to the cafeteria. taeyong led areum to a lunch table with a lot of her classmates busy chatting and sharing their food.

"guys! can she join in?" taeyong asked his classmates. the other kids looked at each other as if they understood what they would tell her.

"she doesn't look cool unlike you taeyong!" another girl blurted out. the other kids nodded their head in agreement. areum felt embarrassed as she stared at her shoes. she held her head up high while whispering in taeyong's ears.

"it's okay taeyong, i am used to it! go eat with them. don't catch me or else i will beat you up!"

"bu–"

"no 'but' taeyong! go eat with your new friends." she cut him off. her best friend looked at her worryingly while slowly sitting at the lunch table.

after making sure taeyong was comfortably installed, she looked away to find a new place to sit. the cafeteria was suddenly filled and it didn't seem that there were any spots left.

being too desperate to eat, she went in a bathroom stall to eat. 'the story is repeating again.' she thought.

[+]

when she finished eating, she went out to look out for taeyong. areum found her friend playing soccer with other boys while the girls were cheering.

she ran to the soccer field. taeyong saw areum waving at him. he returned the same gesture. "can she play?" taeyong asked to the other boys.

the male classmates shook their head. "no! she's a girl!" one of them screamed.

taeyong's eyebrows furrowed. "you can't judge people by their gender. let her play please!"

the boys shrugged. "if you say so."

areum felt happy. she quickly joined the field and tagged to taeyong's team. every boy was determined to not let a girl defeat them but taeyong was smirking at himself.

the whistle blew, sign that the match started. areum deftly controlled the soccer ball and it perfectly arrived in the goal in under two minutes.

the other boys were amazed and taeyong was high-fiving areum.

"yes areum!"