The Class Pet

Jessica felt like she had been waiting forever for this. It was the first thing she thought about when she woke up on the first day of school. It was the reason she was excited to become a kindergartener - the kindergarten class pet. Jessica's sister, Anna, had a class pet when she was in kindergarten, and Jessica was excited for her turn.
     Jessica's teacher, Miss. Baxter, made the announcement on the first day of school that they would be getting a class pet again this year. Miss. Baxter didn't reveal the type of animal it would be or the name, because the class was naming it. She only said the date that it was coming. The class was supposed to get it Thursday, but there was a chance they could get it sooner.
     On Tuesday, Jessica sat down at her circle table. When she asked if the class pet has arrived, Miss. Baxter looked glumly at the excited young girl and spoke softly, "No, sweety, but I promise it'll be here soon."
     Jessica, with tears in her eyes, ran to the back corner of the classroom. She put her hands in her palms and cried. Her best friend, Sara, came over to Jessica and hugged her, whispering, "It'll be okay."
     The next day, Jessica dreaded waking up. When she walked into the classroom, she slumped into her chair. Miss. Baxter quietly walked over to Jessica's table. She leaned over to Jessica and said, "I have a suprise for you, Jessica. Come to my desk." Jessica is a good student, she has never been called up to the teacher's desk before. She was nervous.
     "Attention, everyone," Miss. Baxter continuted, "I have an announcment. Please welcome, the new class pet!" Claps and cheers filled up the whole room. She pulled out a cage with a little baby frog.
     Jessica walked over to the cage in awe. "Jessica, would you like to name him?" Miss. Baxter asked. Jessica stopped in her tracks. "Me? I get to name the class pet? This is amazing! Thank you!" While she was talking, the class stood up from their steats and clapped.
     "I will name him.. Share." Jessica was so excited. "Nice name, Jessica! How did you come up with it?" Miss. Baxter was suprised at the unique name. Jessica responded with "Because we all get to share him."