Chapter 3

Nina Howard

"Leave me the hell alone, Stilinski"

I slammed my locker shut harshly, purposely not looking at him and brushing past him. My red ankle strapped heels echoed throughout the hall, catching the other people lurking around attention. I rolled my eyes as I heard Stiles clumsily following me.

"Nina— hold up, wait! I-I can explain if you just– just give me a second" he stumbled over his words sounding out of breath. I abruptly stopped in my tracks causing Stiles to softly bump into me. I turned around crossing my arms across my chest.

"You got twenty seconds" I stated. His eyes widened.

I raised an eyebrow as I waited for an answer from him. His mouth made different shapes as he pondered over what he was going to say.

"Whatever Stiles" I scoffed turning around. Only for Stiles to grab my arm. I looked down at his hand where he was grabbing me and then at his face.

"Please don't walk away" he pleaded looking at me with what resembled puppy eyes. My heart did what felt like a somersault as I noticed how beautiful his eyes looked when they were wide and glossy.

"I-I know I can't- don't deserve another chance with you. But I promise you, the reason I left was important" he said.

"Then why can't you just tell me?" I asked him.

He sighed. "Fine. Scott didn't want anyone want to know just in case it got back to the coach but he had an asthma attack. A really bad one" he explained.

Immediately I felt my eyes soften and my anger suddenly vanish. A worried looked overcame my face. "Oh my god, is he okay?"

"Yeah-yeah, perfectly fine now. Nothing out of the ordinary. One hundred percent fine. No-nothing different... at all" he nodded to himself like that was a perfect answer.

"Oh well that's all you had to say Stiles. I would have understood if you would have just told me from the get go" I told him with a soft smile.

"Well it really wasn't my place to tell anyone" he chuckled what sounded like a nervous one, rubbing the the back of his neck.

"I'll tell you what. I'll give you another chance..." I began, earning a bright smile from him, "only if you make it up to me" I smirked.

"Yeah-yeah-yeah for sure. Wouldn't have it any other way" Stiles nodded quickly. A smiled at him.

"Good. I'll see you later Yoda" I winked at him. He seemed confused for a bit before he looked down to see Yoda on his shirt. But before he could reply to my comment I was already getting lost into the dispersing crowd.

****

"Hey mom" I smiled brightly as I walked into the hospital.

"Nina, oh I'm so glad you're here right now" my mom gushed. "What'd you bring for me today?" She asked.

I laughed lowly but got straight to my purpose of coming here. I gave her the bag that held several containers in it that was filled with food. "Homemade tortillas, pico de gallo for the yellow rice, and some pork chops. Hopefully this is enough for you and-"

"Oh it's definitely enough baby girl" a familiar voice rang out. I giggled as she quickly gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "I can't wait to dig in" she winked as my mom laughed.

"Come on, Mama McCall, we both know my cooking isn't that well" I said even though I knew they were both going to argue against it.

"Well it's definitely better than Scott's homemade cooking" she shot back earning a laugh from me. "Don't tell him I said that though" she pointed a stern finger at me. I immediately turned serious, acting like I was saluting her.

"Yes mam" I said trying my hardest not to smile.

"She's a crazy one" Mama McCall laughed patting my mom on the shoulder with a fond look. I smiled softly as I observed their relationship they had with one another. I swear, if I knew my mom wasn't into men, I would totally ship them together.

"So how's work been?" I asked. My mom was a nurse here at Beacon Hills Hospital. She's been working here for long as I can remember.

"Tiring. It's been a little hectic around here lately with the new found murder. Poor girl was so young" my mom shook her head as she shuffled through her charts.

"Actually, why don't you go on back there. I'm pretty sure I saw Stiles Stilinski back there" she winked at me. I mentally face palmed myself. I really regret letting her answer the door. If only I was a few seconds earlier on getting down stairs.

"You know, you and him would make adorable little bab-"

"Okay mom! I'm going to go now if that's okay. Alright, I'll see you later. Love you!" I yelled out as I rushed toward the exit as she let out a laugh.

"Love you too honey!"

I finally let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in when I stepped outside. I checked the time on my phone seeing it was around eleven p.m. now. I pursed my lips looking for my car. How do I always forget where I park?

I started walking out to the parking lot when I heard my car chirp when I pressed the button on my key. I slid into my car, putting my key into the ignition, starting it up. I rolled my windows down a bit wanting to enjoy the fresh air.

As I went to turn my headlights on, I stopped when I heard two familiar voices outside somewhere.

"So what do you plan to do? Just walk up to his house and say 'Oh hey Derek, guess what I found out? The same scent I found on the girl in the morgue is the same scent I smelt here at your house'" a rather very familiar voice said. I gently slid down my seat as I seen the two boys come into view. They were talking rather loudly.

"Look all I know is that, that girls scent was also there. We have to find out why Stiles" Scott said to him.

Stiles nodded at him finally looking like he understood completely what Scott was talking about.

"Well in that case, we're going to need shovels and flashlights" Stiles said.

They both jumped into Stiles old looking Jeep that was across from me. The car cranked up with a weird noise. The tires squealed as it drove off from its parking space. I silently sat there for a moment pondering on what I just heard.

"What the hell are those two up to?" I asked myself. Millions of questions ran through my head. Why were they talking about Derek? As in Derek Hale? How did they know him? Why were they going to get flashlights and shovels? Why were they talking about smelling scents like they were some type of dogs?

Why the hell were they sneaking into morgues?

________

Okay guys, I know this isn't a really good chapter but I needed to update this story and so I created a filler chapter basically.

I hope at least some of y'all enjoy this chapter.

And if you haven't already read my other story, SCOTTS MATE, please check it out. Thank you!