Her Story

Scene opens on a dark empty room with a bed and a dresser in the corner .

A teenage girl walks in and stares into the mirror.

In the landscape of my dream, everything was perfect; lush trees blew in the wind and before my eyes you stood there looking perfect as always, but one thing was different you weren't with her. You had me. We had each other to sit in and watch movies all day, we would sit up all night and talk, like the old days without her distracting you, then I realised even though she wasn't there, I still wasn't happy.

She talks with more anger and hatred.

Paces the room while speaking

   I had trapped you in my love you could never escape.This wasn't a haven at all it was a prison of jealousy. What used to be a thirst for change and a lust for equality, is now a thirst for bloodshed and a lust for death. I was becoming the monster. I was becoming her.

My transformation has become truly harrowing , history had repeated itself and I knew I would die this time and I knew I couldn't save him he was slipping away and it was all my fault.

Smashes mirror and sit on bed with head in hands.

Glass shattered everywhere and I stared at all the little shards of me and cried in heavy heart ache.She was just another memory coming back to haunt me.

The last thing I said was 'I love you, but i don't need you anymore'. and then  left. I knew i wasn't ready but i had to go it was my time and i couldn't stop it. I cried that night i cried tears of heavy sorrow and loss over my best friend i had left my life behind just so i could have him, just so i could get rid of her, and again i was left with my reflection looking at me with a dark empty stare, i was there physically but my mind wandered into visions of him and me in bliss like always i had what i never needed.

I'm not okay. I need someone.

Black out and show a train station

Show eight year old jessica playing around a statue  

"Jessica darling, the train is about to leave. Hurry along now" My mum called softly from the other side of the station, I was admiring  a statue of a curious dog with flowers surrounding him that commemorated the passing of winston churchill. We were going to our new house, I had the important job of carrying the houseplants .This will be my sixth time moving and i'm only eight so i have gotten good at not dropping the pots.. I stepped on to the train and waved at the driver ,he gave me a smile. I loved trains especially the sight and sounds , I like to imagine that every person on the train has a double life like Batman or someone like that. I sat next to the window and played with the leaves on our new cactus ( we get a new house plant every time we move). And that's all i can recall of our time in manchester.

i confided in my best friend jamie and we tell eachother everything. Today i will graduate high school and then high school will just be another memory.

Black out to bedroom and wake up

On christmas morning , I looked over and saw the letter jamie had given me last  month he told me to open it on christmas and only then. I reached for the envelope and hesitantly ripped the paper ,Inside was a series of numbers and an address.I got dressed and left, there was no pile of presents to open like most years so i didn't have to wait for family to wake up and take part in all the cliche 'festivities'. I stepped outside and the frore breeze hit my face, i was ready to face him before i left.

not yet i wasn't ready to go. This move cannot happen, and to think after eighteen years and twenty different states you’d think i had the whole moving thing down but no; this time i was riddled with anxiety and anguish.I unfolded my scarf and  lay it on my bed it was the only thing that kept him close to him , he gave me it the saturday we left. I love it to much to wear it so i use it as a spread but this time i want to be wearing the scarf i want to die with him close to my heart.

Cut scene to bathroom

I looked at myself with a single salty tear and I knew soon i would be just another memory, just another meaningless life rightfully snatched from the empty will of hope.

I was not okay but nobody listened.

Dark shadow of  eight year old jessica walks on with a plant and a scarf

You see now i'm gone everyone is a little different mum has been working a lot more and Jamie hasn’t talked in weeks i don’t regret doing it ,but i feel selfish like once that first drop of blood had been drawn i had betrayed everyone like i had been responsible for everyone else's actions towards me.

eight year old jessica waves and exits