Chapter 1-The Big Win

A/N: This is my very first story, fan fiction or otherwise for public view. I hope you enjoy it.  I will add some pics or gifs when I figure out how to do it. I only own the story, and I do not have any rights over TWD, AMC, Jeffrey Dean Morgan or the characters of TWD.

     I could have fainted while speaking to the representative on the phone. I was one of the winners for a contest to be an extra on the show The Walking Dead! I never thought that sending in a small video to AMC's the Talking Dead that I would actually win. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I remember the contest, but thought that my chances were better winning the powerball jackpot. I gave them my full name, address, cell number so they can send me the paperwork needed to get me started. The dates when to come to Georgia for filming, and what hotel to check into. I was lucky to remember my own name at this point. Someone pinch me please!

      I just graduated from college and was looking for a job. Yes, it sounds like I'm about 22 years old, but in reality I am in my mid-40s. The only two times I was ever on camera was when I was in first grade and participated on a children's game show, and two years ago when I auditioned for another game show. I had prior bouts with stage fright, but could work through them whenever I had a script. It is the interview type setting, and improvs that I have the most difficult time.

      I was always interested in the whole filming process. The set, seeing the cast of the show up close and personal. My previous encounters with famous people were great as long as I didn't have to talk. I haven't figured out why I'm such a dork when I open my mouth around celebrities. I wind up saying the stupidest things. Think of the character Baby on Dirty Dancing when she said "I carried a watermelon", and that's me.

     The car took me to the hotel that I was assigned to. I checked in and dropped my luggage off in my room and went to the set. The day was full of paperwork, tour, and meetings. I did not get the chance to meet any of the main cast the first day. I decided to go into the lounge in the hotel for a drink. It was a quaint, but nice place to have a few drinks. There were just a few people in there when I walked in. I ordered a Malibu and cranberry and I took a look around. There was a small place which could be a dance floor which had a few tables on each side. In the one corner was a small one step stage which had a drum set, a few amps, a microphone stand and a baby grand piano. I just had to touch it. I asked the bartender if it was alright to play the piano. "That would be nice, we haven't had anyone playing regularly for a month now", he said. I left a tip at the bar and started toward the piano.

    I placed my drink on a table and sat behind the piano. It was quite some time since I've played, but as soon as I touched the keys it all came back. I played the song "Faithfully" by Journey. It was a song that my high school piano teacher would play for me now and again. I only played one song and grabbed my glass and went back to the bar top. The bartender came over to me. "We used to have a piano man one night a week in here", he said using air quotes for the piano man. "Would you be interested in a job?".

"Right now, I am currently working as an extra for..." "The Walking Dead", he interrupted. "Yes, how did you know?"

"Some of the cast stays here because we are close to the set and private". I nodded without a word. "I don't know any of my schedule at the moment." "Let me know in a few days, it's cool. He gave me his card. I finished my drink and gave him my thanks before heading up to my room.