Hot Topic~ Part 19

Jeff didn't even get the truck in park before Cathryn opened the door. "Wait! What are you doing?" Jeff huffed clearly annoyed. Slamming the truck into park, he followed her up the gravel toward the main house. "Cathryn, stop!" He yelled. Jeffrey finally caught up with her and grabbed her arm. She jerked her arm out of his grip. "Seriously Jeff, I'm going to whoop her ass if she is messing around with my son."

"You don't know that."

"Call it intuition."

"I call it presumptuous."

"Call it whatever you want Jeff."

"He's a man Cathryn, and adult. He can do as he chooses." Jeff stated.

Cathryn rubbed her temples and closed her eyes. She tried to calm herself by taking a few deep breaths. She turned on her heels and started walking toward the guest house.

Jeff walked alongside her with his hands in his pockets.

She hastily opened the door and entered the guest house. Jeff followed and gently closed the door behind them.

Cathryn paced the floor a bit. Jeff wanted to calm her, but he did not know how to approach her while she was this angry.

"What can I do sweetheart?" Jeff asked. He came toward her.

"Nothing." She declared, still clearly agitated.

"I don't accept that answer doll. There is always something that I can do to help." Jeff replied.

Cathryn stood with her head against the wall. Jeffrey could only imagine what was in her mind. He gently touches her arm. He wanted so badly just to hold her. Just when he thought that she was calming down there was a knock on the door.

Cathryn stood upright looking toward Jeffrey who was going to answer the door. He opened the door and she only heard voices speaking through the small opening of the door. Jeff stood between the opening and Cathryn could only assume who he was talking to.

"Jeff, is that her?" Cathryn shouted from the place she still was standing. When he didn't answer, she began to make way toward the door. He placed his hand out as if to motion her to stop coming toward the door. She stopped and complied. He shut the door before Cathryn could see who was on the other side.

"I can only guess who that was," Cathryn spoke with a sarcastic tone.

"We will talk in the morning."

"Damn right we will." She stated.

"Let's go to bed doll. I swear this has been one rollercoaster of a day." Jeff suggested.

She walked with him toward the bedroom. He faced her and placed both of hands on her shoulders "Can I suggest something?"

Cathryn looked at him and nodded.

"Let's take a hot shower, go to bed, and sleep in tomorrow? " Jeffrey suggested.

She was exhausted from such a day filled with every emotion imaginable. She felt as if it was the longest day of her life. She nodded in agreement. It only took a few moments before she was in the shower with her head down. The hot water felt great on her neck. Jeff joined her shortly after, in silence.

The hot water pelted on his back and he slightly groaned. She let him have the shower to himself, and she went and slipped into one of his t-shirts. Cathryn found her eyes became so heavy. She lies down on the bed and under the covers. Jeff came out with only a towel and smiled to himself. She was too exhausted to be angry, and he was so glad that she was tired. He was running on fumes at this point. He slipped a pair of boxer briefs on before joining Cathryn in bed. He laid next to her, wrapping her in his arms. It only took a few minutes before they both were fast asleep.