Say ' Heyyy Ms. Carter '

" And when he get on he leave yo' ass for a white girl. " ~K. W.

____________________________________________________________

' I'm so glad you agreed to dinner with me sweetheart. I know I haven't been the best partner lately. ' George says taking a sip of his fine red wine.

' How could I say no? I mean you have been on business for three weeks. I missed you baby. ' She says smiling taking his calloused hand into her own.

' I missed you too. ' he responds straining a smile.

Jazmine had spent the entire day preparing for this dinner. This would be the day that she would become Ms. George Wellington and she couldn't be more elated. She'd spent the morning at the salon, the afternoon at the mall every little detail was sure to pay off.

George had spent the last 3 weeks out on business in Australia and though she wasn't too pleased with his decision but she knew it would be worth it in the end. She came dressed in a luxurious red dress with her hair styled to perfection in hopes to impress the main man in her life.

' So baby, what's the big surprise you wanted to talk about? ' She says placing her freshly manicured hand over his.

' Oh Jazmine, always wanting to get straight to the point. ' He says chuckling lightly but quickly returning to a serious stature.

' Jazmine, I've done some serious thinking ehh, and I feel it's about time I make a big change in my life...a change I feel will be great for the both of us. ' He says with his charming trademark smile.

Jazmine's chocolate brown eyes light up like a Christmas tree and her tummy automatically fills with butterflies. She's been waiting for this moment ever since the day she agreed to putting him through law school. She loved him dearly and believed in him at a time when no one else would. George was extremely intelligent but wouldn't go far without an investment to support his dream. Jazmine was willingly that investor. Even if it meant lying to her parents about the money's whereabouts.

He clears his throat and proceeds to continue. ' Okay uh Jazmine, would you do me the honor of- '

' Yes! Yes! I do George, I do! ' She squeals excitedly looking at him eagerly.

Then she concludes that maybe it's like it is in the movies or the sitcoms where they have the ring hidden in the bread sticks or even a ice cube maybe. She ruffles through the items on the table with no luck of finding any type of jewel.