Trouble Makers

Erwin and I sat amongst the stars, not knowing what the rest of tonight or tomorrow held. Our hands were wound together, holding the few beautiful moments we had shared encased in that small space.

"Erwin, how long have you been watching me? How long have you liked me?" I asked, looking over to him.

"I think it started at the end of sophomore year. I had thought about it for a few months before I realized I liked you. When I finally came to know my true feelings, I could barely think straight around you, but I had to act like I was some douche jock in order to calm down and keep my crush on you on the low." Erwin said, laughing the whole thing off.

"How cute." I said, grinning at Erwin.

"What about you?" He asked, smirking over at me.

I gulped, forgetting how or when I actually developed feelings for him.

"Well, for the longest time, we hated each other so much that I could hardly stand the thought of being around you for more than a minute. I think when you first kissed me, I actually realized I had feelings for you. To be honest, when camp first started, I was a bit shy around you. After that, my feelings progressively got bigger and more deep." I responded, smiling at Erwin and brushing my hand across his cheek.

"That's pretty cute if I do say so myself." Erwin said sweetly, sipping his drink.

Silence filled the space between us yet again, but we didn't mind since the silence was spent with each other. Suddenly, Erwin got up and walked down closer to the lake. He bent down, I'm guessing to look for rocks. He put a few in his hands and waved his hand for me to join him.

I gave in and walked down towards the lake, picking up a few rocks myself.

"Ever skipped rocks, city boy?" Erwin asked, smiling down at me.

"Yes! I've been to camp quite a few times in my life and I go hiking every fall. Don't judge me by my looks, because I can assure you my rock skipping skills are at 100%." I exclaimed, skipping a rock almost all the way across the lake.

"How was that?!" I asked Erwin, acting cocky.

"Not bad, Ackerman. I didn't expect that from such a small guy." Erwin laughed out.

"Hey, that was uncalled for." I said, shoving Erwin lightly.

"So was that." He said, pushing me back a little harder.

"Oh, you did not." I halfway yelled, pushing Erwin a little too hard, making him fall into the water. Luckily, it wasn't too deep.

"You little fucker!" Erwin screamed, smiling with a sly look as he got up. "Get back here so you can get what you deserve!" He said, running after me.

I tried running from him, but he caught me and threw me over his shoulder.

"Erwin, what are you doing?!" I screamed out to him, knowing I was probably going to be soaked in a few seconds.

"Giving you what you deserve." Erwin said as he began walking onto the dock.

He moved me from my position on his shoulder to being in his arms like a child or perhaps, a damsel in distress. I attempted to squirm out of his arms, but nothing worked.