Chapter 1

Alisha's POV

"Alisha Rose?"

I begin to raise my arm but I mentally slap myself, immediately lowering my arm. "That's me," I reply with a friendly smile.

"Follow me please," the model worthy woman said with a pearly white smile, then she spun around on her heels and led the way.

The woman led me into the elevator where we got off at floor forty, we went down several hallways until we arrived at an office which had glass paneling around the exterior of the entire office, the office had blinds so I was unable to see inside the office.

"You may enter," the woman said with a kind smile, gesturing towards the door. Thanking her, I open the door and without hesitation I walk inside.

The first thing I saw when I opened the door was a middle aged woman sitting behind a desk and the name Jacqueline Dawson imprinted on a black name plaque. She had shoulder length dark brown hair with grey streaks, she wore stylish black square rimmed glasses and she looked immaculate as did the rest of the women working here as I've come to notice.

Her lucid emerald eyes met mine and a small smile formed on her face. "Please take a seat dear," she offered motioning to the guest chair positioned in front of her desk and I obeyed, taking a seat in the leather chair which was cold on my bare legs but surprisingly comfortable.

Jacqueline quickly finished off writing some notes before she started,"you're here for the role of Xavier's personal assistant, is that correct?"

"Yes, that's right," I confirm as I nod my head, I can feel my cheeks begin to heat up.

"Okay, so I have an emailed copy of your CV, do you have a paper copy with you?"

"Yes," I reply as I scavenge through my cheap black tote bag I bought from Kmart and pass it to her manicured fingers.

She looks over my CV. My heart begins beating rapidly in my chest cavity. Her eyes moving from side to side and down the page. I sit a little anxiously in my seat, patiently waiting for her to finish.

Her gaze is still on my CV as she speaks, "you have a certificate IV in business administration, how did you find the course?"

Her gaze averts back up to me, "I really enjoyed the course, I learnt a variety of skills that I would be able to successfully utilise in an environment such as this."

"I'm really glad to hear that dear, and what is your availability?"

"I'm available to work all the hours you set out in the job description, from eight until five." I say with a little smile playing on my face.

"All right, thank you for coming in today Miss Rose, I'll be in contact with you."

"Thank you you so much, I look forward to hearing from you."

I sling my bag over my shoulder and give Jacqueline one last smile before I exit her office.