Chapter 1

POV Jane

               Today is the first day of high school, Senior graduates of 1994, and I'm nervous as hell. I'm nervous because everyone (my family) tells me that i'll discover many things this year which I don't want. I'm not ambitious like others nor am I posh like some kids in this school. I'm just plain Jane, who likes to read books, paint, and go to grunge band concerts. I like to listen to bands like Nirvana, Cranberries, The Smashing Pumpkins, Snoop Dogg, Frank Sinatra, Radiohead, beach boys, no doubt, I honestly dislike Mariah Carey and Madonna. I only have one friend and his name is Benny Jones, he's a senior like me and I've known him since birth and he also works with me at Pizza Hut. 

"JANE GET DRESSED OR YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!"

                That was my mother she works as a Funeral Director and my dad works as a graphic artist which is pretty gnarly. Okay jane stop getting distracted, I hurry into the restroom and take a nice shower while brushing my teeth. I dressed into guess mom jeans, a black long sleeve turtle neck, and last my white high top converse. Okay Jane you have 10 minutes to pick up Benny and go to school. I run downstairs grabbing my keys and a peach. 

             What if I make friends this year? Will they be nice? But then again why do I need friends when I have friends inside my head, oh gosh I hate high school so much

             What if I make friends this year? Will they be nice? But then again why do I need friends when I have friends inside my head, oh gosh I hate high school so much. Why does it have to be stereotyped with "Jocks" who rule the school and the "geeks" in the lowest rank along with the "outcast". As I was still in my own state of mind i hear the door open? I'm here already? Did I forget my art bag? Or my book bag? I need a cig.

"Hey Jane, are you excited for this year? GRADUATES OF 1995" Benny said as he got in my blue 1969 VW Beetle. 

"Excited? Hahaha just nervous but pretty blunt about it"    

We stayed quiet and listened to John Lennon's beautiful voice singing Imagine. Finally we arrived to school and just 4 minutes to spare. We walk around finding our lockers, once we find them we grab our textbooks for our next class. I was walking to my first period some boy bumped into me and knocked off all my books on arms. 

"Watch it will ya" 

I spoke up for once. woah i'm starting to think i'll be more independent and ferocious  this year.

He just laughed and walked away. He was handsome, Blondish hair, blue eyes, and a boyish smile. He looks like a senior but acts like a 4 year old child. Whatever. 

Lunch

I sit in the back of the cafeteria with Benny which is really nice. Once I grabbed my lunch, I walked towards benny who was sitting with a girl.. in my seat. I cleared my throat so they could know i'm here. 

"Jane this is my French partner Sam! Sam this my best friend Jane." Sam gives me a soft smile before leaving.

"So I heard that Calvin the "womanizer" got a new chick today"

"Why are you telling this? I don't even know nor care about the guy."

We went silent as we ate our lunch, I lost at rock, paper, scissors so I had to throw away the trash.. yay. I walk back after throwing the trash to crash into him again but this time so hard that he fell on top of me. 

"Oh shit my bad baby"

"Do not call me baby " I said in rage wanting his body off of mine and my wishes come true. He helps me up and looks at me up and down. Hormonal teenager.  I roll my eyes and walk away until he yelled at me 

"I'LL SEE YOU AROUND GORGEOUS" with a wink. 

One reason why I hate highschool: Immature Kids.

-

-

-Hello guys this is my first book and I hope you enjoyed it :)