Chapter 1

Emily's P.O.V

I never really knew what it'd be like to not be in an abusive relationship because man did I have plenty. It's not like I want people to feel bad for me....in fact that's the last damn thing I need. I'm just stating facts. My parents are abusive towards me and barely ever provided me with anything. All the friends I'd had used me and bullied me at my Canadian middle school and currently in high school. Lastly, my boyfriend. Alex is the real problem yet I can never escape the grip he had on me mentally and physically. He beats me up when I do things he doesn't like and also for no reason. I've warned him that I'll leave but I can never do it because I really used to love him. He knows me better than anyone and I believe he can still be the guy I used to love.

Shawn's P.O.V.

"Dude you're coming back to Pickering for graduation right?" said my friend Ian over FaceTime.
"Yeah of course I wouldn't miss it. Andrew scheduled a break in the the tour so I'm all good" I said.
"Yes I'm pumped! I haven't see you in forever bro. How's the tour life?" Ian said.
"It's insane. The support I have from my fans is completely unreal. I love performing for them," I said.
"You'll have to tell me all about it when you come back to Canada!!" Ian said excitedly.
"I definitely will!" I laughed.

A few minutes later....."Shawn....it's time to go to the airport" yelled Geoff from across the hotel lobby.

• • •

I'm finally back in Pickering. I greeted some fans at the airport, which I always love doing and then headed back to my childhood home.

"Shawn! I've missed you! How are you?" my mom squeezed me tight.
"SHAWN AHHHHHHH we missed you!" Aaliyah said.
"How's my man? We're so happy to have you back for a little while Shawn" my dad said.
"I'm great! The tour is so awesome but I'm glad I get to see you guys! I missed you so much!" I said hugging each of them.

I went to my room to unpack and change into some sweats and my vans sweatshirt. As I opened the curtains, I saw a small girl, no bigger than 5'3, with long wavy brown hair and a freckled face. I walked outside into the frigid air to meet her on the street because she looked vaguely familiar.

"What do you want?" the girl snapped without making eye contact.
"Um it's freezing out here. Why are you outside?"
"Why does it matter?" she said quietly. Man she really doesn't want to talk to me. But this time she looks up and I see tears in her eyes and makeup running down her face.
"I don't know. I just wanted to check and make sure you're alright."
"Well I'm fine. Just leave me alone."
"Ok sorry. But if you ever need someone to talk to I live right there," I say pointing to my house.
She nods and I turn to leave.
"Wait," I hear and I spin around...

----------------------------

Next chapter coming soon