Rescue Mission

Worry ate at my insides as we hurtled through the streets on our vehicles. What was happening to Macy? I urged my car to go faster. 
When we finally arrived, we had to search a bit, getting more and more frantic each time we called Macy's name and we got no reply.
But, eventually, after I called Macy's name for the tenth time, my ears caught a muffled, "Over-here!"
We ran towards the sound. We had to push past quite a bit of foliage before we reached the location of the noise.
"Macy?" I called tentatively. Then I gasped.
There, in the small clearing in front of us, was Macy- being held hostage by a man with some sort of prosthetic arm.
"Who are you? And what do you want with Macy?" I yelled.
"They call me the Mechanic," the sinister man answered. "And gold is what I want! So I can finally buy my spare parts..."
The Mechanic....the Mechanic...that name rang a bell. I think the Ninja mentioned him once. Something about a prison...?
"Macy doesn't have any gold! Let her go," I snarled.
"Do you think I'm stupid?" the Mechanic replied. "She's the Princess of this realm, am I right? So her family's bound to have gold. I'll just write them a little ransom note..."
"Look," Aaron spoke up. "My friend Lance can give you all the gold you want-"
"Wait, what?" Lance turned to look at Aaron.
"So let Macy go or I'll....we'll..." Aaron trailed off.
"Or you'll what?" the Mechanic sneered.
That's when something snapped inside me. Letting out a raging battle cry, I charged at the man.
But he was fast. He dodged my attack, and shouted in the direction of the bushes, "Attack!"
Several fierce, pirate-looking guys leapt out of the bushes, brandishing sharp pieces of metal and glass.
Everyone charged. All around me, I heard the clash of weapon on weapon, glass/metal on metal.
I hadn't forgotten about Macy. I abandoned attacking altogether and ran for her. In one quick move I slashed her rope bonds with my sword.
"Oh, Clay," Macy stood up and stumbled. I caught her, and we hugged like we would never let go.