Chapter 2

Sarah headed up into the cold, dark night on Calvin’s arm, still marveling that this had happened to her. It didn’t make sense. Why would some movie-star-model vamp choose her as his mate? But then again, he’d said it wasn’t choice. It was what the powers that be thought best.

Calvin had given the God no name. He’d said such a divine entity didn’t need a title to name him. He had told her about how the God was a smaller deity than the human God, but he was just as powerful.

He had created the first vampire by mixing Dark and Light (Calvin had simply said Darkness was Chaos, and Light was love) to create a special human. He then gifted the human with powers, and sent him into the night. That vamp had expanded the race, and there you go.

“So,” Sarah said as she walked with Calvin. “I have powers. What kind?”

“Your powers have obviously not fully set in. They’ll start to. Every vampire has intuitive abilities. The physical ones will come quicker than the mental. You might even have a Gift.”

“A Gift? What’s that?” Sarah asked him.

“A Gift is a special ability outside of what vampires consider normal,” Calvin replied. “All vampires can’t see the future, see x-ray vision, change the future… These are Gifts.”

“Do you have one?”

“If I do I have not discovered it yet. The Gifts don’t come quickly. It might not be until a vampire dies that he gains his Gift. A lot of us don’t even have one. Most that have one have it for a reason. They are destined to use it to help the powers.”

“Oh.” Sarah wondered if she’d get a Gift, someday.

“Ah. Here we are.” Calvin smiled and walked her up to the door of a very large mansion. Sarah stared up at it. Beautiful, tall, Colonial. It was amazing.

“This… Is your house?” Sarah squeaked.

“Yes.” Calvin turned the key in the door and opened it. When Sarah hesitated, he got close to her, brushing his soft lips to hers. The kiss was unlike anything she had ever experienced in her life. The kisses she’d felt were normal… Ordinary…

Mortal.

Sarah kissed back and wrapped her hands around his neck. “Mm,” she moaned. She barely knew Calvin- why was she so attracted to him?

Calvin’s eyes seemed to shine with humor. “My Soulmate,” he whispered, more to himself than to me.

“Soulmate? I’m your Soulmate?” As soon as she said it she knew the rightness of his words, knew beyond any doubt that he was telling her the utter, complete truth. She was his.

She’d never felt this way for a man. The attraction she was feeling for him was rent in her very soul.

“Oh,” Calvin groaned. He pulled her into the house and on the couch.

“Wait,” Sarah gasped. She pressed a pale finger to his lips. Which were pursed in a frustration that she could understand, because she was suddenly feeling it too.

“Wait for what?” Calvin sounded sharp and irritated.

“Wait. I don’t know you very well!” Sarah said.

“You must feel the sexual tension between us. Soulmates always have each other the night they find each other.” The anger was fading from Calvin’s voice as he removed his jacket.

“But I… I don’t want to lose my virginity.” That was a lie. She admitted to herself that she did want to lose it- to him. Him. Only him.

“You feel me?” Calvin pressed her hand to his bulge. She did feel it. She wanted it.

“Oh!” Sarah screamed. The warmth of him- the lovely scent of him- was what decided her. “Yes,” she whispered, barely moving her lips. “Yes, Calvin. I’ll make love to you.”

Calvin ran her with inhuman speed to the bedroom, where a grand bed was waiting. That was where he made love to Sarah in an air of pleasure and love.