Beautiful Days

“John, Wake Up.” A gentle voice came from the corridor with a small knock on the door.

“Just five more minutes.” A dull voice came inside from the room,

“If you don’t come down in five minutes, it will be the nightmare for you.” This time the voice was a little cold but it had its power and John woke up and sat on his bed. His black hair were completely random, he tried to keep them down by his hand but failed.

John was a young boy with a normal figure and a short height. Straight Black hair that were falling a little above his eye brows, they had small strands falling from the roots. John stood up and brushed his hairs and washed his face. He came down in the dining room to have breakfast; an old man with an age of fifty-four was waiting for him.

“You’re ten seconds late.” The Old man’s way of talking was harsh.

“Don’t be too strict; let a man have his precious time.” John replied while he sat on the chair.

“Miss Daisy complains every day that you don’t wake up on time every day.” That guy took another bite from the breakfast.

“You should already understand something old man; she has lots of feelings burned inside her.” John replied,

“Well finish your breakfast and then come to the shop.” Old man finished his breakfast and cleaned the dishes and went out.

“Roger.” He replied.

That guy is Simon, ever since John can remember he was under his care. Miss Daisy is a middle-aged woman living in their neighborhood; she was always kind with these two. John never knew where his parents were or what happened to them, he didn’t even bothered talking about it with Simon. He at least thought about it once in a while but he stopped doing that and thought that he should be grateful for what he still has.

“Now that Breakfast is over, might as well slack off and then make a short excuse.” He stretched his arms up in the air while sitting on his chair.

“Who is going to slack off?” A voice came from outside, it was Simon.

“Shit!” He said while he punched the table a little.

“What brings you back?” John asked,

“I was going to bring some things to the customers so I thought I might tell you since it were in the way.” Simon replied and left saying that.

John didn’t have any choice but to go to the shop now. He came out of the house and locked the door; John was walking towards the shop. Simon was a carpenter; he was using his small skills to earn a little bit of money to eat. John opened the shop which was partially closed and sat on the counter; there were multiple types of wooden objects.

John and Simon were living on a small island consisting of a small village, some people say that there was another village but it was attacked and removed from existence.

While John was sitting on counter doing nothing, he saw a small book placed under the table. It looked like a journal but John couldn’t read the content so it was hard for him to take a guess, for some reason he just felt like that he must copy it. He found a piece of paper lying on the floor and wrote the content of the book, not all but at least the one he could copy and put it in his pocket. In the meantime, Simon came back after delivering the objects that were given for the repairs. John hid the book before Simon could notice it.

(Few hours later) “Okay I will go take a rest.” Simon said and stretched his back a little since working non-stop was making his back hurt. During the noon, Simon goes home to rest everyday and after he comes back afternoon, then John has the time to rest or spend it anywhere.